Medical Insurance for Green Card Holders in the USA

If you are a new US immigrant and entering to US for the first time, or a green card holder but living outside of US and visiting the US for a short duration, travel medical insurance can provide you the temporary coverage you need.

There are many medical insurance options available for green card holders and new immigrants in the USA, depending on the individual's situation.

For new immigrant / green card holder seniors, aged 65 years or more who are and looking for information on Medicare, MediCaid or MediCal, please refer to this article: Medicare eligibility for green card holder

View All Plans: Medical insurance for green card holders in the USA

These plans are not a substitute for your primary long-term medical insurance.You may be obliged under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), commonly called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or "Obamacare". If you are a permanent resident, it is your responsibility to check with concerning authorities including your state health dept. or tax/legal adviser to get proper advice.