Finding the right health insurance for green card holders and their parents can be tricky, since the choices would vary, depending on their unique situation.
A new immigrant to the US or Green card holder may have any of the following situation.
- Green card holder frequently shuttle between home country and the united states.
- Green card holder, now permanently live in America.
- New Immigrant Just got the green card and arrived America
1. Green Card Holders frequently shuttling between Home Country and USA:
A number of parents fall into this category, who already have the Green Card, but do not stay in the USA permanently. They may be visiting the USA every six months or one year. In that case, you would need to buy either an immigrant plan or a visitor's plan that satisfies the eligibility criteria for green card holders shuttling between the home country and USA.
2. Green Card Holders, who now live in USA Permanently:
If you already on green card and living in USA for long time Or spend most of your time in USA, following may be applicable for you.
Above 65years of Age: If you are a green card holder, above 65years of age and are not eligible for Medicare, MediCal or any other US state sponsored health Program, you can consider the PIU Bridge Insurance Plan, which you can use until you become eligible for Medicare benefits.
3. New Immigrant /Very recently got the Green Card:
If you have recently got the Green Card, and coming to the USA, for immediate coverage, you can consider a heatlh insurance for immigrants plan that satisfies the eligibility criteria for green card holders.
4. In the Process of Getting Green Card:
If you are in the USA on a Visitor's Visa and your children or family has applied for a family sponsored Green Card, you are considered a visitor until your Green Card gets processed.
Medicare or government sponsored health benefits programs:
If you are age over 65 years, completed 5 yrs or more on a Green card status and are continuously living in USA, you may apply for medicare.
Read more information about health insurance for Green card
- Medicare for green card holder
- Medicare, Medi-cal and Medi-caid (Understand the difference)
- Health insurance plans for green card holder
Please contact us for more information via email at support@visitorsCoverage.com) or call toll free 866-384-9104.
Our qualified licensed health insurance agents can assess your situation and help you with a solution.
|Health insurance Plans for GreenCard , new immigrants||Medicare style plan for Green Card holders|
|Medicare for Green Card holders||Green Card Health Insurance|
|What is Medicare?||Medicare vs Medicaid|
|Social Security Benefits for green card holders|