Filing a claim is a mandatory process for Visitors Insurance. Sending the claimant form
along with necessary supporting documents, in a timely manner would speed up the process. After verification and approval, the insurance company would reimburse the claimant.
Claim handling, filing process, and contact numbers can also be found on the insurance policy documents.
Procedure on How to File Travel Insurance Claim
- Completed claim form.
- Clear copy of passport
- Copy of I-94 (If visiting the USA)
- Copies of all receipts.
- Copies of bills, and itemized services.
- Cover letter (Brief letter providing special instructions, if any)
The claims department will verify the information provided and make the payment for all eligible claims to appropriate parties.
In order to file a insurance claim, you'll need to send:
- A completed claim form
- Copies of the medical bills
- A Copy of the complete passport (all pages including visa page, picture page, entry and exit stamps)
The time taken for evaluating a claim is subjective to each case. It may take a few weeks to several months depending on several factors. By proactively providing the required documents, and following up with the insurance company, you can minimize administrative delays and help speed up the process.
Commonly Asked Questions about The Claims Process
1. When I went to the doctor, I paid up-front, how do I submit a reimbursement claim?
Follow the above mentioned steps, and if the insurance company determines that it is a valid claim, you would be reimbursed.
2. I paid for my father's bill. Can I get the payment issued in my name?
Yes. When filling out the claim form, put your name and information in the claimant information section. If there is no separate space for claimant information, you can include a cover letter with your information.
3. The hospital charged the insurance company directly. Do I still need to send a claim form?
Yes. This would make the claims process faster.To learn more, refer Why do you need to file a claim?
IMG Global Insurance Plans
If you need any assistance in order to file the claims, please reach our customer support at 866-384-9104 or drop us an email at email@example.com