Missionary Insurance is indispensable to offering protection for missionaries who dedicate their lives to helping others, often exposing themselves to all risks, including sickness and accidents while residing in a foreign country for longer periods of time. It is essential that necessary precautions are taken to protect themselves against accidents during overseas travel. Missionary insurance takes care of your health needs outside your home country, providing international travel health and emergency evacuation insurance for churches, missionaries, and non-church related groups.
Missionary health insurance is important for anyone living in a foreign country for a longer period of time. It might be U.S missionaries living outside the U.S. or non-U.S missionaries living in the U.S. or outside their home country. Some missionary insurance plans are designed as individual plans, while some others as a group plan. For e.g. Outreach Travel Medical Insurance is an individual plan and Outreach Group Travel Medical Insurance is a group plan. For e.g. Outreach Travel Medical Insurance is an individual plan and Outreach Group Travel Medical Insurance is a group plan.
The missionary insurance plan provides International travel insurance and emergency evacuation insurance for:
- Career missionary
- Part-time missionaries
- Youth groups
- Outreach programs
- Non church related groups
- Missionary directors
You can buy missionary insurance for a short trip or a long trip. The duration of coverage may range from 5 days to 12 months for a short-term missionary plan. For a long-term missionary plan, it might range from 10 days to 2 years. Initially you can buy the policy for a 12-month period and might renew it as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
Typically, the missionary insurance includes the below mentioned benefits:
- Health and Medical Expenses
- Furlough coverage
- Political Evacuation
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation Benefits
- Return of Minor Child
- Optional Pre-existing condition benefit
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit
- Some missionary insurance plans also include maternity coverage if conception happens after the plan effective date.
- Assistance services like multilingual personnel; physicians/ nurses on staff ; locate local facilities and help with emergency situations.
Plans that offer Missionary insurance are:
- Disciple Missionary Medical- Seven Corners
- Global Mission Medical insurance- IMG
- Outreach Travel Medical insurance- IMG
How to Buy? Depending on your travel need there can be several choices and product available.
If you need more information, please call us at 1-866-384-9104 or send an e-mail to support@VisitorsCoverage.com.