- Coverage from 5 days to 2 years
- Comprehensive coverage plan
- Renewable and Cancelable
- AD&D and Travel Related Benefits
- PPO network (See list of doctors and hospitals)
- Covers during International Travel
- Unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition up to the first $20,000 up to age 65 and $10,000 for age above 65 .
Safe Travels International Cost Saver insurance is a visitor insurance plan that provides medical coverage and emergency services to individuals /families/groups, traveling outside USA . After the deductible is satisfied, the plan pays 100% towards eligible covered expenses for each sickness or injury.
Please review Safe Travels International Cost Saver Insurance Brochure or Description of Coverage (policy document) for complete and accurate coverage and exclusions.
Travel Medical Insurance Plan for international traveler traveling anywhere outside home country except USA.Here is a complete list of benefits of Safe Travels International - Cost Saver
- US States Restrictions No Restriction
- Country Restrictions No Restriction
- The country where the covered person has his/her true, fixed, permanent home and principal establishment.
- Coverage in U.S.A. Not Covered
- Coverage outside U.S.A. Covered
5days -1 year
Can be extended up to 2 years
|Plan Administrator Company||Trawick International|
|Carrier / Underwriter||GBG Insurance Limited|
|Eligibility||Can be purchased by any one travelling outside the home country. Non-United States citizens or any visa holders (e.g. L/H/B1,B2).|
|Plan Type||Comprehensive Coverage Plan Percentage based coverage.|
|AM Best Rating||B+|
|Coverage in U.S.A.||Not Covered|
|Coverage outside U.S.A.||Covered|
|How the Benefits are Paid||After the deductible, the program pays 100% up to the Policy Maximum.|
|Coverage Type||Life Time of the policy|
|Deductible Type||Per Certificate Period|
|Renewability||Yes, Up to 2 years(only with initial purchase of minimum 90 days)|
- Full refund available if cancelled before start date.
- Pro-rated refund available after start date if no claims have been made ($10 Cancellation Fee Apply)
|PPO Network||PPO Network|
|Coverage Length|| 5days -1 year
Can be extended up to 2 years
|Available Deductibles|| $0, $50, $ 100 $250,$500,$1000,$2500,$5000
per member per certificate period
|Available Coverage|| For below 65 age group: $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 , $1000,000
For 65 and above age group: $50,000
|Provider Directory|| By Provider, Toll Free: 888-301-9289 ,Direct: 251-661-0924
|Plan Brochure||Safe Travels International - Cost Saver Insurance Brochure|
|Home Country Definition||The country where the covered person has his/her true, fixed, permanent home and principal establishment.|
|US States Restrictions||No Restriction|
|Country Restrictions||No Restriction|
Safe Travels International - Cost Saver Insurance FAQs
Q1: When will I receive my ID card?
The print out of the on-line buying receipt/virtual ID card is the proof of insurance and can be used as an ID card. Additionally, you will be emailed the ID card that you can print and take to the doc/hospital. Also, when filling out the online application, you have the choice of getting supplemental information and ID card in the mail. If you would like to receive the ID card and plan details by mail then make sure to choose "yes" for mailed ID card. You should receive your insurance package at your mailing address within 5-10 business days of purchase.
Q2: How can I get a refund?
Refund of total plan cost minus the processing fee is considered, if a written request is received by Trawick International prior to the effective date of coverage. If written request is received after the effective date of coverage, the unused portion of the plan cost may be refunded minus a cancellation fee of $10, provided no claim has been submitted.
Q3: Does this plan have travel coverage?
Yes, Safe Travels International - Cost Saver Insurance has on flight coverage from home country to the host country as well as back to home country. This coverage will only apply if the flight days fall during the plan effective dates. If applicable, make sure to select the start date when the insured leaves the home country (U.S. CST) and select the end date the day they arrive home country on the trip back (CST)
Q4: How do I use this insurance?
Please refer to the following article about the policy usage: How to use Visitor Insurance?
Q5: How do I file a claim?
Please refer to the following article concerning the claim process:
Q6: What information do I need to purchase this plan?
Name(s), date of birth, and passport number of the visitor(s).
Q7: When I buy this plan, do I need to make the full payment at once or do I have the option of paying it on a monthly basis?
Based on the desired coverage length you have selected, you have to make the full payment at once.
Q8: I am traveling with a friend or domestic partner. Can we both be on the same application?
Yes. One is listed on the form as Applicant and the other is Adult #2.
Q9: I want to purchase insurance for more then one visitor. Should I purchase two separate policies for them or have a combined policy?
The benefits and cost does not differ if you buy individually or combined policies. If the visitors have different travel plans (might be coming together but leaving on different dates, etc.) it is recommended to buy separate policies.
Having separate policies gives your more flexibility in renewals and cancellations.
Q10: I am traveling and I am pregnant. Will your plan cover me?
Yes. We cover emergency medical treatment for pregnancy up to $1,000 on the Safe Travels USA Insurance.
Q11: Where can I find answers to other questions I have?
Please refer to Visitors Insurance FAQs section.
Important renewal information about your Safe Travels International - Cost Saver insurance:
- Safe Travels International policy has the option for online extension of minimum 5 days to 2 years.
- Must be purchased for 3 months to be able to be renew.
- It is recommended to renew your policy a day before the policy expiration date.
- Once the policy expired you no longer have the option for renewal. In such cases you may apply for a new policy.
- Premium may increase at renewal:
- Based on applicants age at the time of renewals.
- Rates are subject to change at underwriters discretion.
- Benefits may change based on the applicants age at the time of renewal.
Have the following information handy:
- Current I.D./Certificate number (Make sure you enter the certificate number as it is including the dash).
- Primary Insured's Birthdate.
(Date of birth should be entered as mm/dd/yyyy)
- Credit Card Information.
Safe Travels International Cost Saver travel medical insurance policy is cancellable.
If cancelled before the Effective Date
- You can get a full refund if the cancellation is done before the coverage begins (i.e. before the policy effective date).
If cancelled after the Effective Date
- Pro rated refund is possible only if no claim has been filed. For instance you may buy the policy for 3 months from 1st of January to 31st of March. If you file a request for cancellation on 16th of January, then the period of 17th of January -31st of March would be considered for refund.
- A $10 cancellation fee is applicable for any policy cancelled after the effective date.
- Any refund amount, if any, will be refunded back same way it was paid, so if you have made the payment using the credit card, the refund goes back to the same credit card.
- Refund may take 7 to 10 business days for processing.
How to Cancel
Policy holder should make a written request to cancel the policy. The written can sent via email.
Send an email to: email@example.com
With the subject line: Request for Cancellation, Policy # [provide the policy number]
Include complete details including policy number, date of purchase, and the reason for plan cancellation. Upon receipt of this information we will initiate the policy cancellation with the insurance company. Please allow 7-10 business days to process the cancellation.
NOTE: Add the following authorization, if you are not the policy holder yourself and communicating on behalf of the policy holder.
"I am son/daughter of the insured and have the authorization from the insured to cancel the insurance coverage. Since the Insured does not have access to communications to provide a written request for cancellation as required I am making this request on behalf of the insured."