Medical tourism insurance comes in handy if medical facility in your home country is not up to the mark or the health care cost is too expensive in your home country.
Travel Insurance for medical tourism provides coverage for international patients seeking medical treatment abroad through professional Medical Tour Provider Partners and Hospitals for medical complications arising out of the covered medical procedures they are going to undertake. Usually, the medical tourism health insurance plans do not provide coverage for the medical treatment the patient is seeking abroad; rather it covers for any complication arising out of the treatment.
Medical tourism insurance is designed for individuals, employers, and facilitators who have Eligible Scheduled Treatment outside of the Insured persons home country. The scheduled treatment must be arranged through professional Medical Tour Providers. Any Eligible Scheduled Medical Treatment which produces a Covered Medical Complication might be covered.
Coverage and Benefits
Some of the features the plans may include are:
- Trip cancellation: The medical tourism health insurance plan provides coverage for non-refundable travel and pre-paid medical expenses in the event the scheduled trip needs to be canceled prior to the departure date.
- Trip Delay /Trip Interruption: In the event the medical treatment is interrupted or there is delay for medical tour packages, any non-refundable cost including travel accommodations, air-fare etc might be covered under the plan.
- Medical Coverage: Provides coverage for acute illness/injury which may arise while away from the home country on a medical tour.
- Medical Evacuation coverage: Worldwide emergency medical evacuation and repatriation benefit may be provided for any necessary medical condition.
- Travel Companion Coverage: Coverage for travel companions can be included to provide travel medical benefits to those who may be accompanying the insured while traveling for a medical procedure.
- Liability Coverage: Designed especially for employers and facilitators to cover possible liability resulting from the implementation of a medical tourism benefit or as an outcome of coordination of medical tourism arrangements.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment: In case of accidental death and dismemberment benefits may be included in the coverage under Medical Tourism.
Advantages of Medical Tourism Insurance Coverage:
- Protects the financial investment of the patients if they are unable to start or complete the medical tour.
- Provides coverage for acute medical conditions or accidental injuries that may arise on the journey abroad.
- Any complications arising soon after the scheduled treatment, after the patient returns home, may also be covered under the plan.
|Travel Insurance for Canada||Trip Cancellation Insurance|
|Cruise Insurance||Flight Accident Insurance|
|Medical Evacuation Insurance||AD&D Insurance|
|Trip Delay Insurance||Multi Trip Insurance|
|Missionary Insurance||International Health Insurance|