Multi Trip Insurance
If you are a frequent traveler, who makes multiple trips overseas, buying a single trip plan would not be a good option. Buying insurance each time you go on a trip is a hassle, besides being expensive. However, the best solution here is a multi trip insurance plan, which offers you coverage for an unlimited number of trips anywhere in the world within a year.
Multi-Trip Medical plans offer benefits similar to single-trip medical plans but extend coverage for up to a year for multiple trips. Thus with multi trip insurance, you don't need to buy the insurance every time you go on a trip
Advantages and Disadvantages of Multi Trip Travel Insurance
It is good to buy a multi trip plan, if you know you have to take more than two trips in a year . With a multi trip policy people don't have to worry about sorting out a new plan every time they take a last minute break or go away at short notice. As long as they meet the terms and conditions of their policy they have insurance protection for the entire year.
This kind of policy might not be appropriate for you if you take different types of holidays over the course of a year.
Also, multi trip policies are usually restricted to a few number of days. If you plan to take longer trips, you may need to pay extra to buy more days to extend their coverage. This could eat into any cost savings they initially made. In some cases, it may be better to opt for a single trip option instead of multi trip.
Plans that offer multi trip insurance are:
- Travel ex: Annual Multi Trip
- HTH: Travel Gap Multi Trip
- HCCMIS: Atlas Professional
AM Atlas Multi Trip
- Plan pays 80% of the first $5,000 100% after that to the selected policy maximum.
- Plan pays 100% to the selected policy maximum.
- Illness and Injury Medical expense coverage per certificate period
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Expense
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Repatriation of Remains Expenses
- Family Travel Benefit
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions up to $5000
- Terrorism Rider
PMT Patriot Multi-Trip
- In-network plan pays 90% up to $5,000, then 100% up to policy maximum.
Out-network plan pays 80% up to $5,000, then 100% up to policy maximum
- plan pays 100% up to policy maximum.
- Illness and Injury Medical expense coverage up to the policy maximum
- Emergency medical evacuation up to the policy maximum
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions up to $5,000
- Family Travel Benefit
- Adventure Sports Rider up to $50,000
- Evacuation Plus Rider up to $25,000
Facts and Important Things to Know:
- Multi trip insurance helps you to save cost
- Provides you with better coverage
- Is easier to manage the policy and less paper work
- Involves less efforts as an umbrella policy cover you for whole year also
If you have any questions about Multi Trip Insurance, contact one of our licensed insurance agents at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our extensive knowledge center to read and understand about Visitor Insurance.