Top 10 tips to shop for Visitors health Insurance. How to pick the right Health Insurance for visitors.
- Understand the basics of visitor medical insurance, and how visitor insurance works.
- Understand your needs and narrow down the list of features you must have in the travel insurance plan you are looking for.
- Do some basic research for different few plans and then compare them.
- Read the plan brochure carefully and make sure you understand what is covered and what is not. Carefully read what is not included in the policy.
- Do not completely rely on what someone tells you; follow the fine print carefully
- Buy from a licensed agent/website, which has been authorized to sell insurance in USA.
- Do not go for only "AM best ratings. Any plan with A or higher "AM Best rating" is good.
- Do not completely believe the "Testimonials" posted on different travel insurance websites, since those can be fabricated.
- Buy your policy before you travel, do not wait till the last moment.
- Just because you bought a visitor health insurance policy doesn't mean that you are completely covered, and do not have to make any expenses. The insurance company will only cover you as per the written clauses and conditions in the policy and not what you think or presume.
- Exclusion like pre-existing conditions, including heart problem, diabetes, cancer, or any other illness that you may have at the time of buying the insurance, and pregnancy are not covered by most of the insurance plan. So do not expect that you will be paid for those claims.
- Insurance companies rely on physician's/hospital's report to determine the preexisting condition or the type of problem and make their decision based on that, and not what you think.
- There isn't anything called Deal or Discount in the Travel Insurance industry. You will get the same quote/price for the same plan, irrespective of who is the insurance provider.
- Claims are generally directly handled by the policy administrator, not the agent. You can the details in the card you receive after buying the policy.
- Visitor health insurance comprises primarily offer claim-based policies. You should not compare them with your domestic health insurance. You may make the payment first and then claim for the covered expenses.
- When you file your claim, it takes some time for the insurance company to get records from the hospital, physician. There is some paper work involved in the entire process, which, too, takes some time. Thus you can expect some processing time delay, and do not expect that your claim would be reimbursed immediately.
- Insurance industry is regulated in United States. A Seller must have a valid license and knowledge to advise you about insurance products.
Since, each visitor has different needs, travel insurance industry has a vast selection of visitor health insurance policies to meet those needs. Check out our wide range of Visitors Insurance Plans that will help you pick the right visitor health insurance to meet your needs. To learn more about which visitor travel insurance to buy, call us on 1-866-384-9104 to speak to a travel insurance expert or email us on email@example.com