- Visitors Insurance : General Questions about the Purchasing Process
- Pre-existing Conditions and Other non-Covered Benefits
- Questions about Online Application Fulfillment
- Questions about Insurance Usage, Claim, Refund/Cancellation,Support
- Policy Usage (How to use)
- Policy Cancellation, Refund, & Renewability
- Why should I buy Visitors insurance? Is it really important?
- Why should I Visitors insurance from United States if I can buy it from my home country?
- There are several plans listed on this website. How do I know which one is best for me?
- Will I get better rates if I buy directly from the provider or from any other website or agent?
- I am not in the United States. Can I still buy these insurance policies?
- When should I purchase the Visitors insurance, once the visitor arrives in USA or before that?
- The visitor is already in the United States and does not have any medical insurance. The person has fallen sick/injured and needs medical attention can I buy the insurance now and use it?
- Can I buy Insurance for my parents/relatives?
- I want to purchase insurance for more then one visitor. Should I purchase two separate policies for them or have a combined policy?
- Is there any medical test required before we can buy the insurance?
- AM best rating, what is it and what does it mean?
- Where is the VisitorCoverage support and call center located?
- I have a specific question to ask, can you help me?
Medical care in USA is extremely costly. Traveling abroad without a medical insurance could be very expensive in case of any illness, accident or any other health related problem. Taking insurance can definitely protect you from high expenses.
Those who are familiar with USA medical system, can certainly understand the importance of Medical Insurance in this country.
There are several advantages of buying a Travel insurance from USA including:
- The insurance industry in the United States is regulated by the government and follow strict rules, which means you get what is promised.
- Widely accepted throughout the USA.
- Mostly provide instant coverage, no need to pay from your pocket if covered by the plan.
- Better customer support service in case you need to contact the insurance company.
- No lengthy and frustrating follow-ups, unlike any other who do not operate from USA.
- Many choices and different plans available depending on your need.
- Claim could be processed faster since the American visitor insurance company can deal better with American health services/Doctors.
- Reliable companies with proven service record.
- Online buying and renewal option.
- Most of the companies are supported by BBB (Better Business Bureau), who can help you with any dispute.
- Peace of mind. (Higher customer satisfaction rate as compare to non American visitor Insurance plans).
Check this out: Why VisitorsCoverage?
First, there are a few questions you need to ask yourself about your needs and expectations from an insurance plan. Then keep in mind that insurance for visitors does not work the same as normal insurance plans we are used to. Click on the following articles that will help you make a better decision on plan purchasing:
1. Which visitor insurance plan to buy?
2. Visitor Insurance Tips
3. Take a quick assessment for recommendations - Help-me-choose-a-Plan
No, you can't get any better rates then you find here at VisitorsCoverage.com.
The rates you get here are the same as those offered by other insurance agents, brokers or by the provider.
Unlike others, VisitorsCoverage.com provides you with unique and authentic information, knowledge and all the necessary tool to understand, compare and select the best plan suitable for your need.
You can always trust VisitorsCoverage.com for its customers oriented services.
Insurance industry is govt regulated and no one else can offer you lower premium for the same plans on this site. If you find any lower price for the same plan let us know we will give you an additional 10 $ off that price.
Yes you can buy online no matter where you are located.
You should purchase a policy, once the person gets the visa and decides on traveling.
Choose the coverage start date same as the journey start date.
Ethically no. Since pre-existing medical conditions are not covered by any of the short-term visitors insurance plans buying the insurance to seek medical treatment for existing medical conditions will not be covered. It is advisable that you must buy the insurance ahead of your trip.
YES! you can. You can buy for any one you wish, your friends, or relatives.
The benefits and cost do not differ if you buy individually or combined policies. If the visitors have different travel plans (might be coming together but leaving on different dates, etc.) it is recommended to buy separate visitors insurance policies.
Having separate policies gives your more flexibility in renewals and cancellations.
No, there is no medical test required, you can buy it any time and instantly.
AM Best Rating is an independent third-party evaluation organization, providing benchmark for comparing insurers, regardless of their country of domicile. (http://www.ambest.com/)
AM Best Ratings are independent opinions, based on a comprehensive quantitative and qualitative evaluation, of a company's balance sheet strength, operating performance and business profile.
They are not a warranty of a company's financial strength and ability to meet either its obligations to policyholders or its financial obligations.
The rating you might have seen in plan brochure or on this website denoted as a alphabetical letter like "A", "B", "C" etc and +/- signs. These are Best's Financial Strength Rating (FSR).
A Best's Financial Strength Rating (FSR) is an opinion of an insurer's ability to meet its obligations to policyholders. Rating Modifiers and Affiliation Codes may also be associated with these ratings. The following list outlines our rating scale and associated descriptions.
Secure (can be trusted)
May not be financially good
|A++, A+ (Superior)||B, B- (Fair)|
|A, A- (Excellent)||C++, C+ (Marginal)|
|B++, B+ (Very Good)||C, C- (Weak)|
Note: Any plan with A ratings are good. We at VisitorsCoverage list only A plans.
It is located in Sunnyvale, California in the United States. We are in the Pacific Standard Time Zone.
Visit Customer Support and Help section to get more information about customer support.
Please call: 1-866-384-9104 for immediate assistance.
Or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.