With vaccinations on the rise and COVID-10 cases falling in many parts of the world, hopes are high that international travel can resume. One of the most sought after destinations for summer 2021 is Costa Rica.
It’s not just the natural beauty that makes this country unique. Costa Rica has implemented some very specific entry requirements as medical authorities there combat COVID-19. Costa Rica requires travel insurance that meets specific criteria for COVID-19 protections:
- Travelers to Costa Rica must complete a digital health pass
- Travel insurance for Costa Rica must be valid for the entire duration of your visit to Costa Rica
- The plan must cover at least $50,000 USD of expenses relating to COVID-19
- Your policy must have an allowance of at least $2,000 USD for extended lodging expenses should your trip be interrupted, canceled or extended due to COVID-19 or a related quarantine
With these specifications, finding the best travel insurance for Costa Rica might be a challenge. But the good news is that there’s a new travel insurance plan that satisfies all these requirements.
Introducing Safe Travels Voyager
Safe Travels Voyager meets Costa Rica’s travel insurance COVID restrictions.
Underwritten by top-rated company Nationwide Mutual Insurance, the A-rated plan offers travelers like you peace of mind so they can focus on enjoying every second of their Costa Rica vacation. Safe Travels Voyager offers medical insurance for your Costa Rica getaway you can count on. But offering travelers health insurance during their Costa Rica travels isn’t all this plan has to offer. There’s a host of other benefits and protections for those traveling to Costa Rica.
Here are some other important benefits:
- Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) option. Up to 75% of nonrefundable trip costs
- Up to $250,000 in primary emergency medical coverage
- Trip interruption. Up to 150% of trip costs
- Pre-existing medical condition waiver included on plans purchased prior to or with final trip payment
- Covers COVID-19 like any other covered medical condition
- Medical evacuation. Up to $1,000,000
- Pet coverage included
We’re living in uncertain times, and that’s why travel insurance is an absolutely essential item for your packing list. Buying travel insurance for Costa Rica is a must and the Safe Travels Voyager policy is a perfect fit. There are still a lot of unknowns about COVID-19. You never know when your destination country might experience a sudden surge of cases. Having the option to cancel your trip to Costa Rica for any reason can give you peace of mind. If you do need to cancel your trip to Costa Rica, the CFAR benefit can protect yourself from major financial loss.
Getting away to Costa Rica should be a relaxing experience. But sometimes the unexpected happens. When you buy Safe Travels Voyager travel insurance, you’re protecting yourself and your loved ones while ensuring that your family has the trip of a lifetime.
For the most up-to-date information on travel insurance for Costa Rica, U.S. Citizens and/or permanent residents should connect with the U.S. Embassy in Costa Rica.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
(Vote count:, Average rating: out of 5 rated) 548 Views
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!