Liaison Continent travel medical insurance policy is cancellable.
If cancelled before the Effective Date
- You can get a full refund if the cancellation is done before the coverage begins (i.e. before the policy effective date).
If cancelled after the Effective Date
- Pro rated refund is possible only if no claim has been filed. For instance you may buy the policy for 3 months from 1st of January to 31st of March. If you file a request for cancellation on 16th of January, then the period of 17th of January -31st of March would be considered for refund.
- A $25 cancellation fee is applicable for any policy cancelled after the effective date.
- Any refund amount, if any, will be refunded back same way it was paid, so if you have made the payment using the credit card, the refund goes back to the same credit card.
- Refund may take 7 to 10 business days for processing.
How to Cancel
Policy holder should make a written request to cancel the policy. The written can sent via email.
Send an email to: email@example.com
With the subject line: Request for Cancellation, Policy # [provide the policy number]
Include complete details including policy number, date of purchase, and the reason for plan cancellation. Upon receipt of this information we will initiate the policy cancellation with the insurance company. Please allow 7-10 business days to process the cancellation.
NOTE: Add the following authorization, if you are not the policy holder yourself and communicating on behalf of the policy holder.
"I am son/daughter of the insured and have the authorization from the insured to cancel the insurance coverage. Since the Insured does not have access to communications to provide a written request for cancellation as required I am making this request on behalf of the insured."