ACCEPTING H1B candidates or H1B transfers
VisitorsCoverage Inc., a leading online travel insurance solution company, is looking for a dynamic and experienced IT analyst & programmer with expertise in PHP, who has a minimum of 5 years experience and can demonstrate skills in building web applications.
We are looking for an experienced, full-time web PHP Developer to work on web applications for the company. The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining our web-based customer facing application. He/she will also be working with remote teams to communicate and co-coordinate all aspects of development efforts. It is critical that the candidate is familiar with SDLC. We expect the candidate to work under minimum guidance or supervision. Below are the requirements for the job:
- Have the ability to analyze the current system and applications
- Be primarily responsible for documenting requirements into developer-friendly language
- Be experienced in producing high quality BRD/ PRD along with wire frame, flow charts, and diagrams
- Research the existing application and do the gap analysis
- Should be able to represent the requirements into pictorial representations using wire frames, etc
- Interact closely with users of websites (sales, customer service, finance) to define development priorities
- Drive the design and prototyping of new features
- Highly Creative, Imaginative, willing to learn with a can-do attitude
- Strong knowledge of PHP
- Experience with framework like Symfony
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-player and self-motivated
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collect, analyze and document the requirements.
- Should be able to work with minimum guidance or supervision.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web applications.
- Experienced as a front-end, web PHP developer using LAMP
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Experience working around browser quirks
Plus to have:
- Experience as an IT Analyst
- Web page designing experience and expertise
- Working experience of image editing tools / Photoshop, etc
- User experience knowledge
- Creating and using wire framing tools
- Mobile apps development
This position is highly suitable for someone who wants to be part of a great internet products team. The ideal candidate would be highly creative, an idea generator, a user experience expert, imaginative, and possess a great sense of the internet user's psychology and design element of web front end interfaces.
No telecommuting. Relocation fees may be provided.