Limited Coverage,Rated A- (Excellent)
SiriusPoint Speciality Insurance Corporation
ChoiceAmerica is a limited Travel Medical insurance plan that provides pre-defined amounts for medical coverage and emergency services for visitors to the U.S during their travel and temporary stay outside of their home country. The coverage duration available is from 5 days to 365 days. While in the U.S, after the deductible is satisfied within the First Health PPO network, the insurance company will pay up to the stated amount in the policy document for each covered treatment or service. Learn more about how ChoiceAmerica works.
ChoiceAmerica can cover COVID-19 like any other covered medical condition if the virus was contracted after the policy effective date.
ChoiceAmerica offers an optional pre-existing condition benefit. Please review ChoiceAmerica policy documents for complete coverage and exclusions.
How COVID-19 is Covered Under ChoiceAmerica®
COVID-19 Medical Expenses
Medical treatment and services related to COVID-19 can be covered in the event that the virus was contracted after the policy effective date.
Testing can be covered if ordered by the attending physician for diagnostic purposes if symptoms occur after the policy effective date.
COVID-19 vaccination/booster is not covered under the policy.
Emergency Medical Evacuation
Emergency Medical Evacuation for COVID-19 treatment can be covered if the virus is contracted after the policy effective date.
- For non U.S residents and non U.S citizens, traveling to the United States, Mexico or Canada
- For ages 14 days to 79 years
- Coverage for minimum of 5 days up to 365 days
- Extendable up to 365 days
- To qualify for coverage, you must not be a citizen permanent resident of the host country you are traveling to (U.S, Mexico, or Canada)
- Must purchase a minimum of 30 days of coverage to be eligible for the optional Pre-Existing Condition Rider