Filing a claim is a mandatory process for Visitors Insurance. Sending the claimant form along with necessary supporting documents, in a timely manner would speed up the process. After verification and approval, the insurance company would reimburse the claimant.
Claim handling, filing process, and contact numbers can also be found on the insurance policy documents.
How to File Travel Insurance Claim
- Completed claim form.
- Clear copy of passport
- Copy of I-94 (if applicable)
- Copies of all receipts.
- Copies of bills, and itemized services.
- Cover letter (Brief letter with special instructions, if any)
The claims department will verify the information provided and make the payment for all eligible claims to appropriate parties.
Keep a copy of all the communications for your records. You have to file the claim within a specified period/date which is generally within 90 days from the day of service obtained. Follow up on the status of your claim regularly with the insurance company.
The time taken for evaluating a claim is subjective to each case. It may take a few weeks to several months depending on several factors. By proactively providing the required documents, and following up with the insurance company, you can minimize administrative delays and help speed up the process.
If you need any assistance in order to file the claims, please reach out to our customer support .
Commonly Asked Questions
- When I went to the doctor, I paid up-front, how do I submit a reimbursement claim?
Follow the above mentioned steps, and if the insurance company determines that it is a valid claim, you would be reimbursed.
- I paid for my father's bill. Can I get the payment issued in my name?
Yes. When filling out the claim form, put your name and information in the claimant information section. If there is no separate space for claimant information, you can include a cover letter with your information.
- The hospital charged the insurance company directly. Do I still need to send a claim form?
Yes. This would make the claims process faster. To learn more, refer to Why do you need to file a claim?
Contact Information for Tokio Marine HCC - MIS Group Insurance Plans
- Tokio Marine HCC - MIS Group Insurance Plans, P.O. Box 2005, Farmington Hills, MI 48333
- File a Claim
Contact Information for IMG Global Insurance Plans
Contact Information for USI Affinity Travel Insurance Services (TIS) Plans
Contact Information for HTH Worldwide Insurance Plans
Contact Information for Petersen International Underwriters (PIU) Plans
Contact Information for Trawick International Plans
- Co-ordinated Benefit Plans, LLC on Behalf of Global Benefits Group PO Box 2069, Fairhope AL 36533
- Co-ordinated Benefit Plans, LLC on Behalf of Crum and Forster SPC PO Box 2069,
Fairhope AL 36533
- U.S./Canada toll-free: 866-669-9004 or Local: 251-928-0939