Plan has been discontinued from April 30, 2018
Refer to this new and improved plan: Liaison Travel Elite Insurance
- Plan pays 100% up to policy max
- Comprehensive coverage plan
- Coverage from 5 days to 45 days
- Renewable and Cancelable
- PPO network (See list of doctors and hospitals)
- Covers during international travel
- Cannot accept an address in Colorado (CO), Maryland (MD), New York (NY), South Dakota (SD) & Washington (WA).
Liaison International insurance is a visitor insurance plan that provides medical insurance coverage and emergency services to US and Canadian citizens traveling outside the US. After the deductible is satisfied, the plan pays 100% towards eligible covered expenses up to the policy maximum.
Please review Liaison International Insurance Brochure or Description of Coverage (policy document) for complete and accurate coverage and exclusions.
Here is a complete list of benefits of Liaison International
- US States Restrictions Restricts Washington(WA), Maryland(MD) completely.
- Country Restrictions Not available to the residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria. Residents of Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra leone needs to have a US billing address.
- The country where the covered person has his/her true, fixed, permanent home and principal establishment.
- Coverage in U.S.A. Covered
- Coverage outside U.S.A. Covered
Min 5 Days to Max 45 Days
|Plan Administrator Company||Seven Corners|
|Carrier / Underwriter||United States Fire Insurance Company|
|Eligibility||Can be purchased by non-United States citizens or any visa holder (e.g. L/H/B1, B2, etc.) traveling outside of their home country on a legal status.|
|Plan Type|| Comprehensive Coverage Plan
Percentage based coverage.
|AM Best Rating||A+ (Superior)|
|Coverage in U.S.A.||Covered|
|Coverage outside U.S.A.||Covered|
|Co-Insurance||There's no co-insurance. Insurance covers all eligible expenses up to 100%.|
|How the Benefits are Paid||After the Insured pays the deductible, the program pays 100% to the selected policy maximum.|
|Coverage Type||Lifetime of the policy|
|Deductible Type||Per Policy Period|
|Renewability||Renewable with $5 fee each time you renew up to a maximum period of 187 days.|
|Cancellation||Full refund available if cancelled before start date. Pro-rated refund available after start date if no claims have been made( $25 Cancellation Fee Applicable)|
|Coverage Length||Min 5 Days to Max 45 Days|
|Available Deductibles||Choose From: $0, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500|
|Available Coverage|| Choose From: $50,000; $100,000; $500,000; $1,000,000
Ages 65+: Limited to $50,000
Ages 80+: Limited to $15,000
|Provider Directory||By Provider, Phone Nos. : 800-335-0477 or 317-575-2656|
|Plan Brochure||Liaison International Insurance Brochure|
|Home Country Definition||The country where the covered person has his/her true, fixed, permanent home and principal establishment.|
|US States Restrictions||Restricts Washington(WA), Maryland(MD) completely.|
|Country Restrictions||Not available to the residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria. Residents of Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra leone needs to have a US billing address.|
Liaison International Excluding USA Plan FAQs
Q1: Which doctor or hospital can I go to?
The PPO provider for Liaison International Insurance is MultiPlan Network. These PPO Networks are independent organizations and is recognized by all major hospitals, doctors, and health facilities. Out-of-Network expenses are also covered but we recommend going to a doctor or hospital listed under this PPO network for negotiated prices.
You can search for doctor or hospital in this Provider Directory.
Q2: When will I receive my ID card?
The print out of the on-line buying receipt/virtual ID card is the proof of insurance and can be used as an ID card. Additionally, you will be emailed the ID card that you can print and take to the doc/hospital. Also, when filling out the online application, you have the choice of getting supplemental information and ID card in the mail. If you would like to receive the ID card and plan details by mail then make sure to choose "yes" for mailed ID card. You should receive your insurance package at your mailing address within 5-10 business days of purchase.
Q3. Does this plan provide coverage while traveling to and fro from the home country to US?
Yes. Liaison Continent Insurance provides coverage while you are traveling from the home country to US and from US back to home country. This coverage will be valid only if the travel dates fall during the plan-effective dates. In order to obtain coverage during travel make sure to select the start date of the policy the day the insured leaves the home country (U.S. Eastern Time). Similarly, coincide the end date of the policy with the day the insured returns to the home country (U.S. Eastern Time).
Q4: How do I use this insurance?
Please refer to the following article about the policy usage: How to use Visitor Insurance?
Q5: How do I file a claim?
Please refer to the following article concerning the claim process:
Q6: What information do I need to purchase this plan?
Name(s), date of birth, and passport number of the visitor(s).
Q7: When I buy this plan, do I need to make the full payment at once or do I have the option of paying it on a monthly basis?
Based on the desired coverage length you have selected, you have to make the full payment at once.
Since this plan is renewable you can renew it anytime you would like to before the policy expires. There is a renewable fee of $5 that's associated with the renewal.
Q8: I want to purchase insurance for more then one visitor. Should I purchase two separate policies for them or have a combined policy?
The benefits and cost does not differ if you buy individually or combined policies. If the visitors have different travel plans (might be coming together but leaving on different dates, etc.) it is recommended to buy separate policies.
Having separate policies gives your more flexibility in renewals and cancellations.
Q9. Has there been any changes made to Liaison International Insurance?
Yes. As of December 31, 2008 the following changes have been made to Liaison International.
Q10. What's the difference between Liaison International and Liaison Continent?
The main difference is the coverage amount and the price, otherwise the plans are quite similar. In terms of coverage, in both plans you have two options. Liaison International Option 1 covers 80% for the first $5,000 and then 100% coverage up to the policy maximum .Option 2 covers 100% for the first $2,500 and then covers 80% up to the policy maximum. Liaison International covers 100% outside the United States.
Liaison Continent A covers 80% for the first $5,000 and then 100% coverage up to the policy maximum. Liaison Continent B covers 75% up to the policy maximum. For coverage outside United States, the Liaison Continent E plan covers 100% up to the policy maximum and the Liaison Continent F covers 80% up to the policy maximum.
Q11: I am a United States citizen or permanent resident, but live in another country. Can I purchase this insurance during my visit to the US?
No, US citizens are not eligible for this plan.
Q12: Where can I find answers to other questions I have?
Please refer to Visitors Insurance FAQs section.
You can renew your existing Liaison Continent Policy up to 187 days from the start date of the policy.
If your Liaison Continent Policy has expired, you can no longer purchase the Liaison Continent Policy. This policy has been discontinued effective April 30, 2018. You can consider a similar plan Liaison Travel Economy instead.
Important renewal information about your Liaison International Insurance:
- Liaison International policy has the option for online extension of minimum 5 days to 45 days.
- There is a $5 renewal fee every time you renew the policy.
- It is recommended to renew your policy a day before the policy expiration date.
- Once the policy expired you no longer have the option for renewal. In such cases you may apply for a new policy.
- Premium may increase at renewal:
- Based on applicants age at the time of renewals.
- Rates are subject to change at underwriters discretion.
- Benefits may change based on the applicants age at the time of renewal.
Have the following information handy:
- Current I.D./Certificate number (Make sure you enter the certificate number as it is including the dash).
- Primary Insured's Birthdate.
(Date of birth should be entered as mm/dd/yyyy)
- Credit Card Information.
The Liaison International travel medical insurance policy is cancellable.
If cancelled before the effective date:
- You can get a full refund if the cancellation is done before the coverage becomes effective.
If cancelled after the effective date:
- A prorated refund is possible only if no claim has been filed. For instance, if you buy the policy for 3 months from January 1 to March 31 and file a request for cancellation on January 16, then the period of January 17 to March 31 would be considered for a refund.
- A $25 cancellation fee is applicable for any policy cancelled after the effective date.
- The refund amount, if any, will be refunded the same way it was paid. If you made the payment using a credit card, the refund will go back to the same credit card.
How to Cancel
You can cancel your visitors insurance policy with the following steps:
- Step 1. Sign in to the Customer Portal using the policy number and the primary insured's date of birth
- Step 2. Find the plan you want to cancel and click cancel. Fill out the required fields and complete cancellation
- Step 3. Allow 7-10 business days for processing and refund