Ask An expert

Hi My father is over 70 and has diabetics so can he get coverage for his stay in USA.

Savitha, 15 Nov 2016
Your father can definitely get coverage for any new sicknesses or injuries that occur during his stay in the US. For coverage for any new sicknesses or injuries, we recommend Atlas America:   Unfortunately, there is no coverage available for pre-existing conditions for someone who is 70 years old and with a chronic pre-existing condition like diabetes. He should bring all necessary medications with him to the US to avoid paying out-of-pocket for diabetes-related expenses.   An option we have that offers some relief of diabetes-related costs is called the Careington Total Health Savings Plan that acts as a discount card:   Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 
Have A Question About Travel Insurance ?
Ask A Question
Similar Questions
Information provided here in the form of Questions and Answers is for general purpose only and may not be current and accurate at all times. Insurance terms and conditions, benefits, and coverage are subject to change at any time. For this reason, it is possible that the information given here could be outdated or incorrect. VisitorsCoverage inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of these answers. Any use of the information on our website is subject to our terms and conditions and user agreement. It is recommend that you review the latest Evidence of Coverage and Plan Contract (Policy) for a detailed description of coverage benefits, limitations, and exclusions. Please read the Policy Brochure and Plan Details for complete and accurate information. Only the Terms and Conditions of Coverage listed in a particular policy are binding.
Our website uses cookies to help us improve user experience so that we can better serve you. By proceeding, you agree to allow us to utilize these cookies for future use. For more information, please view our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.