Ask An expert

I have sponsored visas for my parents. If I am unable to pay for hospital bills, will I be liable for them?

, 08 Aug 2012

The I-134 is a contract between the sponsor and the US government stating that the sponsor will be responsible for the visitor/beneficiary while the person is in the US. Make sure that the sponsored person has sufficient financial support for the time period of their stay. I.e. basic amenities to support their living and welfare in US. This includes: food, boarding, clothing, & health care.

For possible healthcare expenses arrising out of illness or accidents, it is a good idea to get a good visitors' medical insurance. 

You can find more information in the following link: US Visa Sponsors Liabilities: Whether the Sponsor is Liable for Visitor’s Unpaid Bills?

Have A Question About Travel Insurance ?
Ask A Question
Similar Questions
Information provided here in the form of Questions and Answers is for general purpose only and may not be current and accurate at all times. Insurance terms and conditions, benefits, and coverage are subject to change at any time. For this reason, it is possible that the information given here could be outdated or incorrect. VisitorsCoverage inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of these answers. Any use of the information on our website is subject to our terms and conditions and user agreement. It is recommend that you review the latest Evidence of Coverage and Plan Contract (Policy) for a detailed description of coverage benefits, limitations, and exclusions. Please read the Policy Brochure and Plan Details for complete and accurate information. Only the Terms and Conditions of Coverage listed in a particular policy are binding.
Our website uses cookies to help us improve user experience so that we can better serve you. By proceeding, you agree to allow us to utilize these cookies for future use. For more information, please view our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.