What are you looking for?
Learn about travel medical insurance that provides health, injury, and travel emergency coverage while traveling or during a stay abroad.
Estimate and compare how much each visitor insurance policy will pay for covered eligible expenses.
What is Policy Maximum & Why is it so Important?
The video also helps you explain how much policy maximum you should choose or select for your visitors insurance.
Policy Maximum is the limit of money that the insurance company is promising to pay for your covered benefits. It is important to select the right policy maximum while purchasing a travel insurance as it affects your risk and liability. It is recommended to buy a travel medical insurance with higher policy maximum as it equates to better protection and less liability.
What is a Deductible & How Does It Affect Travel Insurance Cost?
The video will help you understand the term "Deductible", Why is Deductible so important and how does deductible affect your travel insurance cost or premium? It will also show case how much Deductible should you select while buying a travel medical insurance.
Deductible is the amount of money you are responsible for, before the insurance company starts paying for any covered expenses.
There are two types of deductible
1) Deductible per incident
2) Annual Deductible or Deductible per policy period
Understanding Limited Coverage Plans & How Do They Work?
Limited Coverage insurance policies are basic travel medical insurance plans that provide pre-defined fixed dollar amount for each medical service. The video also explains an example as to how does a limited coverage plans work.
Limited coverage plan may not provide adequate coverage should you face a serious medical coverage. It is important to go through policy's Description of Coverage to understand policy limitations.
What are Comprehensive Coverage Plans & Why Should They Be Preferred?
The video helps you understand the concept of comprehensive travel insurance plans and why they are preferred over other insurance plans. One of the reasons is that comprehensive travel medical insurance plans provide better coverage and higher benefits. They may cost more, but they provide better coverage and more protection. Most travel medical insurance policies with comprehensive coverage, provide percentage-based coverage with lower out-of-pocket expenses. This video showcases an example of a comprehensive coverage travel insurance plan and explains how they work.
Understanding Coverage For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
This video describes why pre-existing medical conditions are not covered by most travel medical insurance plans, and why purchasing travel insurance is still a wise choice to make for your international trip to the USA.
Understanding Accidental Death And Dismemberment (AD&D) Coverage
It is important to provide the beneficiary name, as it is the person who will receive the insurance benefit in case of death of the insurance.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Coverage provides protection if your death is the result of an accident. It also provides benefits should an accident cause the loss of hands, feet, eyesight, speech or hearing.
What is Common Carrier Accidental Death Coverage?
Understanding Common Carrier Accidental Death - Accidental Death and Dismemberment Common Carrier Coverage provides benefit amount to the beneficiary named on the policyholder's application in the event of travelers death due to an accident while on a fare-paying common carrier or public transportation like commercial airplane, train, public bus etc. It does not include personal cars, rental cars, chartered planes, or personal boats.
What is Return of Mortal Remains or Repatriation Coverage?
'Return of Mortal Remains' or Repatriation benefit is a coverage provided to send the travelers' mortal remains to their home country in the event of death on a foreign land.
Repatriation coverage provides the cost of transporting the deceased body back to the home country. The travel insurance assistance department will make necessary arrangements including negotiation with customs, airlines arrangements, handle shipping cost etc., provide guidance and co-ordinate to transport the deceased body back to the home country.
Travel Medical Insurance: Deductible Explained
Understanding what is travel medical insurance policy deductible and why is it so important? It is crucial to understand important terms when referring to travel medical insurance to chose the most appropriate policy for your needs. This video will hopefully give you clear understanding of deductible and how deductible affects your travel medical insurance cost. You should select the deductible accordingly based on each individual policy.
What is Annual Deductible or Deductible Per Policy Period?
This video will help you understand what is annual deductible or deductible per policy period and why it is important while shopping for a travel medical insurance policy. Insurance policies where the deductible is paid annually or per policy period, require that you pay the deductible once a year before insurance begins paying for covered benefits.
Learn information on what deductible to choose from, where deductible is paid annually or per policy period. In order to keep in the insurance cost low, you can select a high deductible but if you would like to keep your liability or out-of-pocket expenses low, choose a low deductible
What is Deductible Per Incident & How Does It Work?
Here is a video that will explain and help you understand how deductible per incident works. For travel medical insurance policies where the deductible is required per incident, you are required to fulfill the deductible for each incident that occurs while you are covered by your policy in order for the insurance to begin paying for covered benefits. Additionally, this video will assist you in making the decision for how much deductible you should choose when going with a deductible per incident policy.
What is Emergency Medical Evacuation & Why is it so Important?
This video will help viewers understand what emergency medical evacuation is, and why it is so important when choosing a travel medical insurance policy. Emergency medical evacuation offers coverage for expenses necessary for transporting a seriously injured or ill person to the nearest medical facility. It also includes the cost of transportation to get you to the nearest medical facility. Simply put, this insurance protects you in case of a medical emergency that requires evacuation during your trip.
What are Usual, Customary and Reasonable Charges or UCR Charges?
Usual, Customary and Reasonable Charges also referred to as UCR - is an established maximum amount that an insurance company will reimburse for a specific service or procedure covered under your insurance policy. These charges are generally determined based on charges that are actually billed by providers for each procedure or service in a geographical area.
What is Hazardous Sports or Adventure Sports Coverage & Who Needs It
Hazardous sports or Adventure sports are any activities that are deemed risky because risk equates to higher-than-average rates of injury and/or death. It is important for travelers who may be participating in such adventurous sports or activities that are considered more risky or have health hazards, to have a proper adventure sports travel insurance coverage.
Activities such as motorcycling, scuba diving, jetski, parasailing, skiing, mountain climbing, sky diving, race car driving, bungee jumping and even surfing are some examples of hazardous activities.
Top Common Questions
- What is Visitor Insurance and How Does It Work?
- How to Pick The Right Visitor Health Insurance Policy?
- Which Doctor Can You Go To?
- How to Use Visitors Insurance at Pharmacy?
- How Reliable is the Insurance Company?
- Visitor Insurance Claim process?
- Why VisitorsCoverage?
Tips for Buyers
- Comprehensive vs Limited plans - Key differences
- Which Visitors Insurance to choose?
- Best Visitor Insurance for USA
- Visitor Insurance from India or USA
- Travel insurance USA-Top 5 features to look for
- Visitor Insurance Purchase Process
- How to use your Visitor insurance
- Keep your Travel health insurance cost low
- Visitor and Travel insurance Terminologies
- Why buy a USA visitor insurance policy
Travel Insurance for Seniors
- How to Pick the Best Travel Insurance for Seniors
- Travel Insurance for Visitors age between 70 and 80 years
- Travel Insurance for Visitors age 80 years or over
Insurance for Green Card holders
- Health Insurance Plans for GreenCard & New Immigrants
- Social Security Benefits for Green Card Holders
- Medicare for Green Card Holders
- Green Card Health Insurance
- What is Medicare?
- Medical Insurance for GreenCard Parents
- Medicare vs Medicaid
Insurance for Pre-existing Conditions
- Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions
- FAQs: Acute Onset of Pre Existing Conditions
- Pre Existing Conditions for Travel Insurance
- Pre Existing Conditions & other Non-Covered Benefits
- Pre-existing Conditions for Visitor Insurance
- Pre-existing Conditions Plans for USA Visitors
- Pre-existing Conditions : Unpaid Bills
Short-Term Health Insurance
- International Health Insurance
- Medical Tourism Insurance
- Insurance for visitors to Canada
- Travel Insurance for US citizens visiting USA
- Travel Insurance for US Citizens and Residents
- Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa
- Missionary Insurance
- Trip Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- International Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Cruise Insurance
- Kidnap & Ransom Insurance
- Mountaineering and Hiking Insurance
- Flight accident insurance
- Medical evacuation Insurance
- Travel Insurance for OPT Students
- AD&D insurance
- Trip delay insurance
- Multi trip insurance
- Rental car collision insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- International Life Insurance
- Pilots Disability Insurance
- Sports Team Group Insurance
Expatriate Health Insurance
Domestic vs Visitors Insurance Plans
ObamaCare (Affordable Care Act)
- The Basics of Obamacare
- ObamaCare for Visitors to USA
- Obama Care for Green Card Holders
- Obamacare for US visa workers
- State-Wise Health Insurance Marketplace