VisitorsCoverage logo

As an international student studying in the USA, you will need to purchase student insurance from a US based company. Your domestic insurance policy will most likely not cover you while you are in the US. Most universities have standard visa and insurance requirements for students.

All of the student plans offered by VisitorsCoverage meet the specific university requirements for student visas but we also recommend checking with your school to ensure there are no additional requirements that need to be met.

You can purchase any of the student insurance plans here: Student Insurance Plans page. If you need more information or need assistance with selecting a plan, feel free to email us at or call us at 1.866.384.9104.

Couldn't find an answer to your question?

Our Customer Success Team of licensed insurance specialists can help. Just click the button below and submit your question. Our experts will typically respond within 48 hours.

Ask the experts


Information provided here in the form of Questions and Answers is for general purpose only and may not be current and accurate at all times. Insurance terms and conditions, benefits, and coverage are subject to change at any time. For this reason, it is possible that the information given here could be outdated or incorrect. VisitorsCoverage inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of these answers. Any use of the information on our website is subject to our Terms and Conditions and User Agreement. It is recommend that you review the latest Evidence of Coverage and Plan Contract (Policy) for a detailed description of coverage benefits, limitations, and exclusions. Please read the Policy Brochure and Plan Details for complete and accurate information. Only the Terms and Conditions of Coverage listed in a particular policy are binding.