VisitorsCoverage logo

As a student on an OPT visa, you may consider a standard travel medical insurance plan to cover your duration until you are eligible for domestic healthcare. That being said, it is important to note that these policies do not fulfill the Obama Care regulation requirements. If you are living in the US permanently or have been residing in the US for some time already, you should be eligible for domestic healthcare plans which are under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Domestic healthcare plans are offered by and also by your local Social Security Administration office. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at or 1-866-384-9104.

Couldn't find an answer to your question?

Our Customer Success Team of licensed insurance specialists can help. Just click the button below and submit your question. Our experts will typically respond within 48 hours.

Ask the experts


Information provided here in the form of Questions and Answers is for general purpose only and may not be current and accurate at all times. Insurance terms and conditions, benefits, and coverage are subject to change at any time. For this reason, it is possible that the information given here could be outdated or incorrect. VisitorsCoverage inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of these answers. Any use of the information on our website is subject to our Terms and Conditions and User Agreement. It is recommend that you review the latest Evidence of Coverage and Plan Contract (Policy) for a detailed description of coverage benefits, limitations, and exclusions. Please read the Policy Brochure and Plan Details for complete and accurate information. Only the Terms and Conditions of Coverage listed in a particular policy are binding.