VisitorsCoverage logo

You can either add yourself on the primary's (J1 student) insurance policy as a spouse OR purchase any of the travel medical insurance plans on our site for visitors. Being added to your spouse's J1 visa plan may be more costly than purchasing a separate insurance policy for yourself.

After filling out some basic information regarding your stay in the US, just click get quotes to see your options. The results page will list all possible plans for you, as well as the rates. You can select the plan that best suits your needs.

Please refer to the following article for some insights on which plan to purchase: Which Visitors Travel Insurance Do I Buy? The price of the insurance depends on the age of the visitor and the duration. If you need additional information please feel free to contact us.

Couldn't find an answer to your question?

Our Customer Success Team of licensed insurance specialists can help. Just click the button below and submit your question. Our experts will typically respond within 48 hours.

Ask the experts


Information provided here in the form of Questions and Answers is for general purpose only and may not be current and accurate at all times. Insurance terms and conditions, benefits, and coverage are subject to change at any time. For this reason, it is possible that the information given here could be outdated or incorrect. VisitorsCoverage inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of these answers. Any use of the information on our website is subject to our Terms and Conditions and User Agreement. It is recommend that you review the latest Evidence of Coverage and Plan Contract (Policy) for a detailed description of coverage benefits, limitations, and exclusions. Please read the Policy Brochure and Plan Details for complete and accurate information. Only the Terms and Conditions of Coverage listed in a particular policy are binding.