International Major Medical Insurance offers travel health insurance coverage and emergency medical services to visitors, family members and individuals traveling outside their home countries.
Note: The International Major Medical Plan is not available in the following states:
Delaware, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Wyoming.
Additionally, the online application for the International Major Medical Plan is not available in the following states (these states require a paper application): Connecticut, Massachusetts, Ohio.
Please contact us, if need any assistance.
Please review International Major Medical Insurance Brochure or Description of Coverage (policy document) for complete and accurate coverage and exclusions.
Here is a complete list of benefits of International Major Medical PIU
- US States Restrictions Restricted States: Delaware(DE), Iowa(IA), Kentucky(KY), Mississippi(MS), Missouri(MO), Montana(MT), Nebraska(NE), New Jersey(NJ). New York(NY), North Carolina(NC), Rhode Island(RI) are restricted for a correspondence address
- Country Restrictions No restriction. Only requirement is to provide a US address while purchasing the policy
- The country where the covered person has his/her true, fixed, permanent home and principal establishment.
- Coverage in U.S.A. Covered
- Coverage outside U.S.A. Covered
Upto 1 year
|Plan Administrator Company||PIU|
|Carrier / Underwriter||Lloyd's of London|
|Eligibility||Can be purchased by non-United States citizens or any visa holder (e.g. L/H/B1, B2, etc.) traveling to the U.S.|
|Plan Type||Comprehensive Plan|
|AM Best Rating||A(Excellent)|
|Coverage in U.S.A.||Covered|
|Coverage outside U.S.A.||Covered|
|Co-Insurance||After the Insured pays the deductible, the plan pays 100% to the selected maximum.|
|How the Benefits are Paid||After the deductible plan pays 100% to the selected maximum.|
|Coverage Type||Life Time of the policy|
|Deductible Type||Per Certificate Period|
|Cancellation||Not Cancelable after policy becomes effective. Full refund available if cancelled before start date. cancellation fee may apply. After effective date NO REFUND|
|PPO Network||No PPO Network|
|Coverage Length||Upto 1 year|
|Available Deductibles|| Age 0-69 :$100, $250, $500,$1,000, $2,500 or$5,000 |
Age 70-79 : $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000
Age 80-84 :$2,500 or $5,000
|Available Coverage|| Age 0-69 up to $1,000,000 |
Age 70-74 up to $250,000
Age 75-79 up to $100,000
Age 80-84 up to $50,000
|Provider Directory||Toll Free: 800-345-8816 Phone: 661-254-0006 Fax: 661-254-0604|
|Plan Brochure||International Major Medical Insurance Brochure|
|Home Country Definition||The country where the covered person has his/her true, fixed, permanent home and principal establishment.|
|US States Restrictions||Restricted States: Delaware(DE), Iowa(IA), Kentucky(KY), Mississippi(MS), Missouri(MO), Montana(MT), Nebraska(NE), New Jersey(NJ). New York(NY), North Carolina(NC), Rhode Island(RI) are restricted for a correspondence address|
|Country Restrictions||No restriction. Only requirement is to provide a US address while purchasing the policy|
International Major Medical Insurance FAQs
Q1: Who is Eligible for the International Major Medical Insurance?
Q2: Which doctor or hospital can I go to? This plan does not have a specific list of doctors or hospitals. That means you can visit any doctor or hospital within the specified geographic area.
Q3: How will I receive my ID card?
Q5: How long can I purchase this insurance for?
Q6: How do I buy this insurance?
Q7: How do I use this insurance?
Q8: How do I file a claim?
All receipts must contain legible information to determine the name and address the Provider; the diagnosis; the treatment rendered; the date of service; and the payment made to Provider. In addition, Underwriters reserve the right to verify Your proof of loss by obtaining any or all necessary medical records or other necessary information from other sources. This will be obtained at Underwriter's expense.
Q9. When I buy this plan, do I need to make the full payment at once or do I have the option of paying it on a monthly basis?
Q10.I want to purchase insurance for more than one visitor. Should I purchase two separate policies for them or have a combined policy?
International Major Medical policy is cancelable. There are certain clauses attached to the cancellation policy:
If cancelled before the Effective Date.
- If the policy is canceled prior to the policy effective date( before the coverage begins), you are eligible for a full refund.
If cancelled after the Effective Date.
- If the policy is purchased through paper application and has installment payment option, it may be canceled anytime. In such an event, no cancellation fee is charged even if the cancellation occurs after the plan effective date. For instance, you may buy a paper policy effective for 3 months from 1st of January to 31st of March, where the premium is automatically deducted on the 1st of each month from your bank account. If you file a request for cancellation on 16th of January, the premiums of February and March will not be deducted from your account and you will not be charged any cancellation fee.
- Policies purchased online cannot be cancelled, and are not eligible for refund past the policy effective date i.e., after the policy begins.
How to Cancel
Policy holder should make a written request to cancel the policy. The written can sent via email.
Send an email to: email@example.com
With the subject line: Request for Cancellation, Policy # [provide the policy number]
Include complete details including policy number, date of purchase, and the reason for plan cancellation. Upon receipt of this information we will initiate the policy cancellation with the insurance company. Please allow 7-10 business days to process the cancellation.
NOTE: Add the following authorization, if you are not the policy holder yourself and communicating on behalf of the policy holder.
"I am son/daughter of the insured and have the authorization from the insured to cancel the insurance coverage. Since the Insured does not have access to communications to provide a written request for cancellation as required I am making this request on behalf of the insured."