Limited Coverage,Rated A- (Excellent)
Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation
ChoiceAmerica is a limited Travel Medical insurance plan that provides pre-defined amounts for medical coverage and emergency services for visitors to the U.S during their travel and temporary stay outside of their home country. The coverage duration available is from 5 days to 365 days. While in the U.S, after the deductible is satisfied within the First Health PPO network, the insurance company will pay up to the stated amount in the policy document for each covered treatment or service. Learn more about how ChoiceAmerica works.
ChoiceAmerica can cover COVID-19 like any other covered medical condition if the virus was contracted after the policy effective date.
ChoiceAmerica offers an optional pre-existing condition benefit. Please review ChoiceAmerica policy documents for complete coverage and exclusions.
How COVID-19 is Covered Under ChoiceAmerica®
COVID-19 Medical Expenses
Medical treatment and services related to COVID-19 can be covered in the event that the virus was contracted after the policy effective date.
Testing can be covered if ordered by the attending physician for diagnostic purposes if symptoms occur after the policy effective date.
COVID-19 vaccination/booster is not covered under the policy.
Emergency Medical Evacuation
Emergency Medical Evacuation for COVID-19 treatment can be covered if the virus is contracted after the policy effective date.
- For non U.S residents and non U.S citizens, traveling to the United States, Mexico or Canada
- For ages 14 days to 79 years
- Coverage for minimum of 5 days up to 365 days
- To qualify for coverage, you must not be a citizen permanent resident of the host country you are traveling to (U.S, Mexico, or Canada)
- Not available if Home Country/Country of Residences are: Botswana (BWA), Cuba (CUB), Gambia (GMB), Ghana (GHA), Iran (IRN), Kosovo (XKX), Niger (NER), Nigeria (NGA), North Korea (PRK), Sierra Leone (SLE), Syria (SYR), United States (USA), Venezuela (VEN) & Virgin Islands (USA) (VIR)
- Not available for Citizens of: Botswana (BWA), Gambia (GMB), Ghana (GHA), Kosovo (XKX), Niger (NER), Nigeria (NGA), Sierra Leone (SLE) & United States (USA)
- Not Available for Addresses from the Following U.S. States/Territories: Maryland (MD) & New York (NY)
- Has to be purchased within one month of arrival in the USA for people above 65 & within 6 months of arrival in the USA for people below 65 (Waived if an international plan was in effect within last 30 days)