Whether you're traveling outside your home country for a business trip with colleagues or a leisure trip with friends or family, if you have 5 people or more in your group, it's recommended that you consider purchasing international group health insurance to cover everyone in your party. Group policies are not only convenient and easy to manage, but they usually come at a lower rate, making the process of getting everyone insured hassle-free, while also giving you peace of mind.
The Advantages of Group Travel Insurance Policies Are:
- Cheaper Rates: The most significant advantage of travel insurance through a group policy is that it costs less than purchasing individual policies for each member of the group. You'll be able to get cheap travel group insurance that has the same coverage amounts & benefits, while being cheaper by about 10-20%.
- Easy Administration: For your entire group of travelers, you'd only need to fill out one form rather than filling out one for every individual member. One master policy is provided with individual ID cards for each traveler.
- Flexibility: Because they are customizable, group medical insurance plans can be beneficial to families with more than five members, student groups, missionaries, business travelers and sports teams who are traveling outside of their home country. Group travel insurance plans can be customized per the needs of the individual travel group. To get a customized group insurance plan that works with your group's specific needs, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team.
Requirements of a Group Travel Insurance, or Group Trip Insurance Policy :
- Number of People: Number of insured should be 5 or more
- Duration of Travel: Everyone in the group should have the same start date & end date for the policy.
- Insurability of Each Member: All the members in the group should meet the basic eligibility criteria for the particular travel insurance policy being purchased.
Group travel medical insurance for employers
Group travel insurance is available for employers and companies that have employees traveling on foreign assignments or have temporary workers visiting the United States for a short duration. It's available for employers with international workers who need a group medical policy to cover them under one policy at a discounted and affordable cost. In order to find a comprehensive travel insurance policy that best fits your group's needs, it's recommended that you complete our group travel insurance quote request form so that a group travel insurance expert can review your details.
Group travel medical insurance for leisure trips
Organizing a leisure trip for a group of people can be complicated, time-consuming, and even risky, so it's important that necessary protection for all involved is put in place. For individual visitors traveling as a group of 10 or more people, tour operators, tour organizers or travel consultants looking for insurance for a large group, we can work with several underwriters to get you a customized group travel medical insurance plan to meet your group travel insurance needs at a very affordable and discounted price. For more information on how group insurance can be of great assistance in planning a leisure excursion for a group of travelers, refer to our article on group insurance for tour operators and travel consultants.
Group travel insurance for business travelers
Group business travel insurance may be purchased for employees traveling on international business trips in groups of five or more. Business travel insurance for groups provides the same benefits as individual business trip insurance plans, including coverage for baggage loss, trip interruption, emergency medical evacuation, and other emergency medical expenses, plus it's easier to manage and is also more cost effective than purchasing separate policies for each individual traveler.
Group Travel Insurance for J1 Exchange Visitors
J1 exchange visitor programs may or may not be required to provide health insurance for their participants. Those that do may opt for a group travel medical insurance policy to cover J1 exchange visitors while studying or working in the United States. Group insurance plans for J1 exchange visitors meet all of the J1 health insurance requirements and may be customized for the program's specific needs. Patriot Group Exchange Travel is highly recommended for J1 visa group insurance.
Multi-trip group travel insurance
Multi-trip group travel Insurance is available for groups of frequent travelers who take multiple trips for fairly extended periods of time (at least 30-45 days per trip) overseas of per year. Multi trip group insurance is best for larger families who frequently travel together, and employers who often send groups of employees overseas for business reasons. Multi-trip group insurance allows travelers to purchase one single policy for the entire group, one single time to cover an unlimited number of trips for an entire year.
If you need more information, would like to request a group travel insurance quote, or would like to purchase a group travel medical insurance plan, contact our Customer Success Team.