International travel insurance is a medical insurance that provides coverage for any unexpected injuries, illnesses and other risks while you are traveling abroad. International travel insurance is available for both U.S. and non-U.S. citizens taking short, international trips or living abroad temporarily. These plans are designed to protect travelers from the stress and financial burden of any unforeseen mishaps while traveling outside of their home countries. International travel insurance can provide you with adequate coverage for expenses incurred due to illnesses or injuries during your travels, emergency evacuation should the situation arise, trip interruption or cancellation, loss of passport or wallet, misplaced luggage, assistance in the event of a natural disaster, repatriation benefits, and many other potential risks that could spoil the outcome of your trip.
Some of the key features to international travel insurance are as follows:
- Protection against health and travel risks for people traveling to the U.S. or internationally
- Coverage for a short trip or a temporary stay in a foreign country
- Available for both U.S. and non-U.S. citizens taking a short international trip or living abroad temporarily
- International travel insurance offers protection worldwide against health and travel risks for people traveling internationally
- The policy also provides travel insurance coverage for U.S. citizens living abroad visiting the United States