Flight Accident Insurance plans are designed to provide coverage against any accident while on a licensed commercial flight during the coverage period. Flight Accident Insurance does not include non-commercial flights. It is a form of accidental death and dismemberment insurance only restricted to commercial flights.
In case of such an accident, the flight accident insurance provides a lump sum benefit amount for you or your beneficiary. Anyone who frequently travels by air needs Flight Accident Insurance to protect them against accident/death aboard a plane.
In case of dismemberment, that is, loss of a limb, a fractional amount is paid to the insured. Flight accident generally pays benefits for the loss of limb, sight, and permanent paralysis .The types of injuries covered and the amount paid depend on the package and vary from insurer to insurer, and are explicitly enumerated in the insurance policy.
Flight accident insurance will not cover you under following circumstances:
- Death as a result of any sickness
- death during a surgery
- Death resulting from mental or physical illness
- Death due to Drug Overdose
Plans that provides Flight Insurance Coverage:
- Travel Guard: Travel guard Essential, Cruise tour And travel
- CSA : CSA Travel Protection
- Travel Ex : Flight PLus
Facts and Important Things to Know about Flight Accident Insurance
- Check with your insurance company whether your travel policy includes flight benefit. If it does not include, you can purchase it separately.
- Flight Accident Insurance will not cover you for sickness.
- Accidents on non-commercial flights are not covered under Flight accident insurance.
Call customer support at 866-384-9104 for immediate assistance, and speak to a Travel insurance expert.
Visit our extensive knowledge center to read and understand about Visitor Insurance.