We will not pay benefits for any loss or Injury that is caused by or results from:
(1) Intentionally self-inflicted injury; suicide or attempted suicide.
(2) War or any act of war, whether declared or not.
(3) A Covered Accident that occurs while you are on active duty service in the military, naval or air force of any country or international organization. Upon receipt of proof of service, we will refund any premium paid for this time. Reserve or National Guard active duty training is not excluded unless it extends beyond 31 days.
(4) Piloting or serving as a crewmember in any aircraft (unless otherwise provided in the Policy).
(5) Riding in any aircraft except as a fare-paying passenger on a regularly scheduled or charter airline
(6) Commission of, or attempt to commit, a felony.
(7) Sickness, disease, bodily or mental infirmity, bacterial or viral infection, or medical or surgical treatment thereof, except for any bacterial infection resulting from an accidental external cut or wound or accidental ingestion of contaminated food (Applicable to accident benefits only).
(8) You being legally intoxicated as determined according to the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Injury occurred.
(9) Commission of or active participation in a riot or insurrection. In addition, We will not pay Medical Expense Benefits for any loss, treatment, or services resulting from:
(10) Routine physicals and care of any kind.
(11) Routine dental care and treatment.
(12) Cosmetic surgery, except for reconstructive surgery needed as the result of an Injury.
(13) Eye refractions or eye examinations for the purpose of prescribing corrective lenses or for the fitting thereof; eyeglasses, contact lenses, and hearing aids.
(14) Services, supplies, or treatment including any period of Hospital confinement which is not recommended, approved, and certified as Medically Necessary and reasonable by a Doctor, or expenses which are non-medical in nature.
(15) Treatment by any Immediate Family Member or member of the your household. âImmediate Family Memberâ means your spouse, child, brother, sister, parent, grandparent, or in-laws.
(16) Expenses incurred during travel for purposes of seeking medical care or treatment, or for any other travel that is not in the course of the Policyholderâs activity (unless Personal Deviations are specifically covered).
(17) Medical expenses for which you would not be responsible to pay for in the absence of the Policy. Expenses incurred for services provided by any government Hospital or agency, or government sponsored-plan for which, and to the extent that, you are eligible for reimbursement.
(18) Any treatment provided under any mandatory government program or facility set up for treatment without cost to any individual.
(19) Services or expenses incurred in your Home Country.
(20) Elective treatment, exams or surgery; elective termination of pregnancy.
(21) Expenses for services, treatment or surgery deemed to be experimental and which are not recognized and generally accepted medical practices in the United States.
(22) Expenses payable by any automobile insurance policy without regard to fault.
(23) Organ or tissue transplants and related services.
(24) Any expense paid or payable by any other valid and collectible group insurance plan.
(25) Injury or Sickness for which benefits are paid or payable under any Workers' Compensation or Occupational Disease Law or Act, or similar legislation, whether United States federal or foreign law.
(26) Injury sustained while participating in club, intramural, intercollegiate, interscholastic, professional or semi-professional sports.
(27) Expenses incurred for services related to the diagnostic treatment of infertility or other problems related to the inability to conceive a child, including but not limited to, fertility testing and in-vitro fertilization.
(28) Expenses incurred in connection with weak, strained or flat feet, corns, calluses or toenails.
(29) Expenses incurred for birth control including surgical procedures and devices.
(30) Birth defects and congenital anomalies, or complications which arise from such conditions.
(31) Sexually transmitted diseases or immune deficiency disorders and related conditions. This exclusion does not apply to the care or treatment of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS Related Complex (ARC), or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection, or any illness or disease arising from these medical conditions.
(32) Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or any complications of any of these conditions.
(33) Mental and nervous disorders.
(34) Expenses incurred for cancer, dialysis, on-going and preventive care
(35) Pre-existing Conditions, unless otherwise provided in the Policy