Canceling Your Travel Insurance Policy: Frequently Asked Questions
Cancelation Process Overview
For trip insurance, if you decide not to go on your trip, there is a free look-back period where you can cancel your policy without penalties or fees. The look-back period is usually 7-10 days but varies by insurer. For travel medical insurance, you can usually cancel any time before the policy effective date for a full refund. Should you need to cancel your policy mid-trip, you can usually cancel your travel medical policy and receive a prorated refund as long as there are no active claims.
- To cancel your policy, sign in to your account and select the policy you want to cancel.
- Once you cancel your policy, you can always log back into your account to check the status.
- When your claim is successfully canceled you should receive a refund.
Need Help Canceling Your policy?
- Canceling Your Policy
Guidelines may vary depending on the insurance type (travel medical, visitors insurance, trip insurance, etc.), policy and carrier. Be sure to review the cancelation process for your specific plan.
In general, though, here are the steps you can expect to take to cancel your policy:
- Sign in to your account using the policy number and primary insured's date of birth.
- Click on the plan you want to cancel to see what actions you can take. There, you should see an option to cancel. Select that, fill out the required fields and press submit.
- Allow 7-10 business days for processing. Any qualified refund will be applied to the credit card on file.
- Sign in to check the status of your cancelation requestNeed Help With Your Existing Policy?
After requesting cancelation, you can check your cancelation status easily.
Once you sign in to your account, using the policy number and primary insured's date of birth, you'll find the plan you requested be canceled.
You will then see a 3-step status bar indicating where your request is in the cancelation process, whether it's been received, is in processing, or has been completed.
Policy Cancelation FAQs
Policy Cancelation FAQs
Plan features listed here are high level, provided for your convenience and information purpose only. Please review the Evidence of Coverage and Plan Contract (Policy) for a detailed description of Coverage Benefits, Limitations and Exclusions. Must read the Policy Brochure and Plan Details for complete and accurate details. Only the Terms and Conditions of Coverage Benefits listed in the policy are binding.