The Safe Travels USA - Cost Saver travel medical insurance policy is cancelable.
If cancelled before the effective date:
- You can get a full refund if the cancellation is done before the coverage begins.
If cancelled after the effective date:
- After the policy effective date, a refund is only available if there was no visit to a doctor or provider and no claim on file.
- Only full month refunds are available if no claim has been filed. For example, if you buy a policy for a period of 3 months and 20 days, starting on January 1 and ending on April 20, and you cancel the policy on January 15, you would be eligible for a refund from February 1 to April 1.
- A $25 cancellation fee is applicable
- No refund available if there is a claim on file
- A refund amount, if any, will be refunded the same way it was paid. If you made the payment using a credit card, the refund will go back to the same credit card.
How to Cancel
You can cancel your visitors insurance policy with the following steps:
- Step 1. Sign in to the Customer Portal using the policy number and the primary insured's date of birth
- Step 2. Find the plan you want to cancel and click cancel. Fill out the required fields and complete cancellation
- Step 3. Allow 7-10 business days for processing and refund