The Safe Travels USA - Cost Saver travel medical insurance policy is cancelable.
A written request is required for all cancellations.
If cancelled before the effective date:
- You can get a full refund if the cancellation is done before the coverage begins.
If cancelled after the effective date:
- After the policy effective date, a refund is only available if there was no visit to a doctor or provider and no claim on file.
- Only full month refunds are available if no claim has been filed. For example, if you buy a policy for a period of 3 months and 20 days, starting on January 1 and ending on April 20, and you cancel the policy on January 15, you would be eligible for a refund from February 1 to April 1.
- A $25 cancellation fee is applicable
- No refund available if there is a claim on file
- A refund amount, if any, will be refunded the same way it was paid. If you made the payment using a credit card, the refund will go back to the same credit card.
- Refund may take 7 to 10 business days for processing.
How to cancel:
The policy holder must send a written request to cancel the policy. The written request can be sent via email.
Send an email to: email@example.com.
With the subject line: Request for Cancellation, Policy # [provide the policy number]
Provide complete details including policy number, date of purchase, and the reason for plan cancellation.
Upon receiving this information, we will initiate the policy cancellation with the insurance company. Please allow 7-10 business days to process the cancellation.
NOTE: If you are not the policy holder and are communicating on behalf of the policy holder, add the following authorization:
"I am son/daughter of the insured and have the authorization from the insured to cancel the insurance coverage. Since the Insured does not have access to communications to provide a written request for cancellation as required I am making this request on behalf of the insured."