VisitorsCoverage logo

J1 Visa Insurance provides health insurance for J1 visa and J2 visa holders entering the United States under an exchange program (Au-pair, nanny, scholar, researcher, etc). All the travel insurance plans we offer for J1 visa holders meet the requirements set by the Department of State for Health Insurance for the J1 visa program. J1 visa holders, who are students under age 66, may qualify for student insurance plans. Consider the Patriot Exchange plan which is designed specifically to satisfy J1 visa insurance requirements. Plans can be found at: J1 Visa Insurance Plans.

Couldn't find an answer to your question?

Our Customer Success Team of licensed insurance specialists can help. Just click the button below and submit your question. Our experts will typically respond within 48 hours.

Ask the experts


Information provided here in the form of Questions and Answers is for general purpose only and may not be current and accurate at all times. Insurance terms and conditions, benefits, and coverage are subject to change at any time. For this reason, it is possible that the information given here could be outdated or incorrect. VisitorsCoverage inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of these answers. Any use of the information on our website is subject to our Terms and Conditions and User Agreement. It is recommend that you review the latest Evidence of Coverage and Plan Contract (Policy) for a detailed description of coverage benefits, limitations, and exclusions. Please read the Policy Brochure and Plan Details for complete and accurate information. Only the Terms and Conditions of Coverage listed in a particular policy are binding.