The Visitors Care travel medical insurance policy is cancellable. A written e-mail request is required for any cancellation to be processed.
A refund is possible only if there is no visit to doctor or provider during the policy effective period.
- You can get a full refund if the cancellation request is received before the coverage begins.
- A prorated refund is possible only if no claim has been filed. For instance, if you buy the policy for 3 months from January 1 to March 31 and file a request for cancellation on January 16, then the period of January 17 to March 31 would be considered for a refund.
- A $25 cancellation fee is applicable for any policy cancelled after the effective date.
- You are not eligible for a refund if you visited a doctor and a claim is filed, either by the insured person or the provider's office.
- A refund amount, if any, will be refunded the same way it was paid. If you made the payment using a credit card, the refund will go back to the same credit card.
- Refund may take 7 to 10 business days for processing.
If cancelled before the effective date:
If cancelled after the effective date:
How to cancel:
The policy holder must send a written request to cancel the policy. The written request can be sent via email.
Send an email to: email@example.com.
With the subject line: Request for Cancellation, Policy # [provide the policy number]
Provide complete details including policy number, date of purchase, and the reason for plan cancellation.
Upon receiving this information, we will initiate the policy cancellation with the insurance company. Please allow 7-10 business days to process the cancellation.
NOTE: If you are not the policy holder and are communicating on behalf of the policy holder, add the following authorization:
"I am son/daughter of the insured and have the authorization from the insured to cancel the insurance coverage. Since the Insured does not have access to communications to provide a written request for cancellation as required I am making this request on behalf of the insured."