We will not pay for any Accidental Death and Dismemberment or Paralysis loss or Injury that is caused by or that results from:
- a. a debt, insolvency, commercial failure, the repossession of any property by any title holder or lien holder or any other financial cause;
- b. noncompliance by the Covered Person with regard to any obligation specified in a contract or license.
1. Intentionally self-inflicted Injury.
2. Suicide or attempted suicide.
3. War or any act of war, whether declared or not (except as provided by the Policy).
4. Service in the military, naval or air service of any country.
5. Disease or bacterial infection except for any bacterial infection resulting from an accidental external cut or wound or accidental ingestion of contaminated food.
6. Hernia of any kind.
7. Piloting or serving as a crewmember or riding in any aircraft except as a passenger on a regularly scheduled or charter airline.
8. Commission of, or attempt to commit, a felony.
9. Injury or Sickness that occurs while the Covered Person has been determined to be legally intoxicated as determined according to the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Injury or Sickness occurred, or under the influence of any narcotic, barbiturate, or hallucinatory drug, unless administered by a Doctor and taken in accordance with the prescribed dosage.
10. Flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with acrobatic or stunt flying, racing or endurance tests; flying in any rocket propelled aircraft; flying in any aircraft being used for or in connection with crop dusting, or seeding or spraying, firefighting, exploration, pipe or power line inspection, any form of hunting bird or fowl herding, aerial photography, banner towing or any test or experimental purpose; flying any aircraft which is engaged in flight which requires a special permit or waiver from the authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation, even if granted.
11. Specific named hazards: Abseiling, Aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BASE Jumping, Bobsleigh, BMX, Bungee Jumping, Canopying, Canyoning, Caving, Extreme sports, High Diving, Hang Gliding, Heli-skiing, Hot Air Ballooning, Inline Skating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Luge, Motocross, Motorcycling, MotoX, Mountaineering, Mountain biking, Mountain Climbing, Paragliding, Parasailing, Parascending, Piloting any Aircraft, Racing of any kind, Rock Climbing, Rodeo Activities, Rappelling, Scuba Diving, Ski Jumping, Skydiving, Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Spelunking, Surfing, Trekking, Water Skiing, Wind Surfing, White Water Rafting, Zip Lining, Zorbing.
12. All professional, semi-professional, amateur, club, intramural, interscholastic or intercollegiate sports. In addition to the Exclusions above,
We will not pay Medical Expense Benefits for any loss, treatment or services that results from or contributed to by:
1. Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined.
2. Acute Onset of Pre-Existing condition, as defined, where treatment is obtained after the 24 hour period from the initial Acute Onset.
3. Services, supplies or treatment, including any period of Hospital confinement, which were not recommended, approved and certified as necessary and reasonable by a Physician.
4. Suicide or any attempt thereat while sane or self-destruction or any attempt thereat while insane.
5. Injury sustained while participating in a professional, semi-professional, amateur, club, intramural, interscholastic or intercollegiate sport (except as provided by the Athletic Sport Rider).
6. Sickness resulting from pregnancy (except as provided by Emergency Medical Treatment of Pregnancy).
7. Miscarriage resulting from Accident (except as provided by Emergency Medical Treatment of Pregnancy).
8. Immunizations, routine physical or other examinations where there are no objective indications or impairment in normal health, or laboratory diagnostic or x-ray examinations except in the course of a disability established by the prior call or attendance of a Physician, except as specifically provided for in this policy.
9. Cosmetic or plastic surgery, except as the result of an accident.
10. Elective surgery which can be postponed until the Covered Person returns to his or her Home Country.
11. Any mental or nervous disorders or rest cures (except as provided in the Schedule by Mental or Nervous Disorders Charges).
12. Any dental treatment (except as provided by the for Dental Treatment for Injury and Emergency alleviation of pain).
13. Eye refractions or eye examinations for the purpose of prescribing corrective lenses for eye glasses or for the fitting thereof, unless caused by accidental bodily Injury incurred while covered under the Policy.
14. Congenital anomalies and conditions arising out of or resulting therefrom.
15. Services, supplies, or treatment expenses which are non-medical in nature.
16. The ordinary cost of a one-way airplane ticket used in the transportation back to the Covered PersonÃ¢ÂÂs country where an air ambulance benefit is provided.
17. Expenses as a result of or in connection with an intentionally self-inflicted Injury.
18. Specific named hazards: Abseiling, Aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BASE Jumping, Bobsleigh, BMX, Bungee Jumping, Canopying, Canyoning, Caving, Extreme Sports, High Diving, Hang Gliding, Heli-skiing, Hot Air Ballooning, Inline Skating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Luge, Motocross, Motorcycling, Moto-X, Mountaineering, Mountain Biking, Mountain Climbing, Paragliding, Parasailing, Parascending, Piloting any Aircraft, Racing of any kind, Rock Climbing, Rodeo Activities, Rappelling, Scuba Diving, Ski Jumping, Skydiving, Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Spelunking, Surfing, Trekking, Water Skiing, Wind Surfing, White Water Rafting, Zip Lining, Zorbing.
19. Treatment paid for or furnished under any other individual or group policy, or other service or medical pre payment plan arranged through an employer to the extent so furnished or paid, or under any mandatory government program or facility set up for treatment without cost to any individual.
20. Childbirth, miscarriage, birth control, artificial insemination, treatment for fertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof or abortion.
21. Organ transplants, marrow procedures and chemotherapy.
22. Any sexually transmitted or venereal disease; and/or any testing for the following: HIV, Vaccine induced seropositivity to the AIDS virus, AIDS related Illnesses, ARC Syndrome, AIDS.
23. Any treatment, service or supply not specifically covered by the Policy.
24. Treatment by any Family Member or member of the Covered PersonÃ¢ÂÂs household.
25. Treatment of hernia; Osgood-SchlatterÃ¢ÂÂs Disease; osteochondritis; osteomyelitis; congenital weakness whether or not caused by a Covered Accident.
26. Expense incurred for treatment of temporomandibular or cranio-mandibular joint dysfunction and associated myofascial pain.
27. Any elective treatment, surgery, health treatment, or examination including any service, treatment or supplies that: (a) are deemed by Us to be experimental; and (b) are not recognized and generally accepted medical practices in the United States.
28. Contact lenses, hearing aids, wheelchairs, braces, appliances, examinations or prescriptions for them, or repair or replacement of Existing artificial limbs, orthopedic braces, orthotic devices, artificial eyes and larynx.
29. Treatment or service provided by a private duty nurse or while confined primarily to receive custodial care, educational or rehabilitative care or nursing care.
30. Covered medical expenses for which the Covered Person would not be responsible for in the absence of the Policy.
31.Conditions that are not caused by a Covered Accident.
32. Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
33. Traveling against the advice of a Physician, traveling while on a waiting list for inpatient Hospital or clinic treatment, or traveling for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment abroad.
34. Any potential fatal condition which was diagnosed before the date your coverage became effective or any condition for which You are traveling to seek treatment.
35. Expenses incurred in your Home Country (unless Home Country Coverage was purchased).
36. Any infection of the urinary tract (including, without limitation, infection of the kidney, ureter, bladder, prostate or urethra) and any complication, medical condition or other Illness directly or indirectly arising therefrom, that occurs within ninety (90) days of the Effective Date of this Insurance and that requires Treatment of the Insured Person in a Hospital as an inpatient.
37. Declared or undeclared war or any act thereof.
38. Payment for any medical services related to an illness when an Insured Person leaves a medical facility against medical advice.
39. Voluntary tests, including COVID-19 viral and/or antibody tests for healthy individuals.
We will not pay Natural Disasters or Political Evacuation benefits for expenses and fees:
1.Payable under any other provision of the Policy.
2. That are recoverable through the Covered PersonÃ¢ÂÂs employer.
3. Arising from or attributable to an actual fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act committed or attempted by the Covered Person, acting alone or in collusion with other persons.
4. Arising from or attributable to an alleged: a. violation of the laws of country in which the Covered Person is traveling while covered under the Policy; or b. violation of the laws of the Covered PersonÃ¢ÂÂs Home County.
5. Due to the Covered PersonÃ¢ÂÂs failure to maintain and possess duly authorized and issued required travel documents and visas.
6. For repatriation of remains expenses.
7. For common or endemic or epidemic diseases or global pandemic disease as defined by the World Health Organization.
8. For medical services.
9. For monies payable in the form of a ransom, if a Missing Person case evolves into a kidnapping.
10. Arising from or attributable, in whole or in part, to:
11. Due to military or political issues if the Covered PersonÃ¢ÂÂs Security Evacuation request is made more than 30 days after the Appropriate Authority(ies) Advisory was issued.