Heathrow Airport security guards announced last week that they intend to strike for ten days. The strike is set to start March 31st and extend until April 9, Easter Sunday. The travel industry in the UK has already faced challenges brought on by railroad strikes and even more recently passport office strikes. As a consequence of the looming Heathrow strike, travelers headed into and out of the UK should expect flight delays, disruptions and cancellations. Want to know more about what the strike might mean for your UK travels? Learn more about the strike and travel disruptions.
News Brief: Heathrow Security Guard Strike Announcement Adds to UK Travel Woes
September 1, 2021
- News Brief: Close-calls at JFK this Week Signal Rough Start for Airline Industry in 2023
- News Brief: State Department Issues Security Alert for Tourists Amid Taxi & Uber Disputes in Mexico
- News Brief: DOT’s New Dashboard Reveals Airlines that Offer Guaranteed Fee-Free Family Seating
- News Brief: Germany Transportation Strikes Impact European Travel
- News Brief: State Department Announces Extended U.S. Passport Processing Times