Safe Travels International insurance is a visitor insurance plan that provides medical coverage and emergency services to individuals /families/groups, traveling outside USA . After the deductible is satisfied, the plan pays 100% towards eligible covered expenses for each sickness or injury.
Please review Safe Travels International Insurance Brochure or Description of Coverage (policy document) for complete and accurate coverage and exclusions.
Here is a complete list of benefits of Safe Travels International
Up to $10,000 of covered expenses for age 65 and over
- US States Restrictions No Restriction
- Country Restrictions No Restriction
- The country where the covered person has his/her true, fixed, permanent home and principal establishment.
- Coverage in U.S.A. Covered
- Coverage outside U.S.A. Covered
From 1 - 365 days
Can be renewed up to 2 years.
|Plan Administrator Company||Trawick International|
|Carrier / Underwriter||GBG Insurance Limited|
|Eligibility||Non-US Citizens and non-US permanent residents, traveling to the USA|
|Plan Type||Comprehensive Coverage Plan Percentage based coverage.|
|AM Best Rating||B+|
|Coverage in U.S.A.||Covered|
|Coverage outside U.S.A.||Covered|
|Co-Insurance||No co-insurance: 100% covered by plan up to policy maximum|
|How the Benefits are Paid||After the deductible, the plan pays 100% of eligible expenses up to the policy maximum.|
|Coverage Type||Lifetime of the policy|
|Deductible Type||Per policy period|
|Renewability||Yes, has to be purchased for a minimum of 45 days to be renewed. Has to be renewed before policy expires|
|Cancellation||Yes, only if no claims are filed. A $25 cancellation fee applies.|
|Coverage Length|| From 1 - 365 days
Can be renewed up to 2 years.
|Available Deductibles||$0, $50, $ 100 $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000|
|Available Coverage|| Age 14 days to 69 years: $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, $1,000,000
Age 70-79: $50,000, $100,000
Age 80-89: $50,000
|Provider Directory|| By Provider, Toll Free: 888-301-9289, Direct: 251-661-0924
|Plan Brochure||Safe Travels International Insurance Brochure|
|Home Country Definition||The country where the covered person has his/her true, fixed, permanent home and principal establishment.|
|US States Restrictions||No Restriction|
|Country Restrictions||No Restriction|
Safe Travels International Insurance FAQs
Q1: Which doctor or hospital can I go to?
The PPO provider for Safe Travels International Insurance is First Health Network. These PPO Networks are independent organizations and is recognized by all major hospitals, doctors, and health facilities. Out-of-Network expenses are also covered, but we recommend going to a doctor or hospital listed under this PPO network for negotiated prices. You can search for doctor or hospital in the Provider Directory.
Q2: When will I receive my ID card?
The print out of the on-line buying receipt/virtual ID card is the proof of insurance and can be used as an ID card. Additionally, you will be emailed the ID card that you can print and take to the doc/hospital. Also, when filling out the online application, you have the choice of getting supplemental information and ID card in the mail. If you would like to receive the ID card and plan details by mail then make sure to choose "yes" for mailed ID card. You should receive your insurance package at your mailing address within 5-10 business days of purchase.
Q3: Can I cancel the policy and get a refund after purchase?
If the policy is cancelled before the start date, a full refund is available. After start date, refund is available only if you do not need to visit the doctor, and there is no claim on file. A prorated refund for the unused number of days is refunded. A $25 cancellation fee applies.
Q4: Does this plan have travel coverage?
Yes, Safe Travels International Insurance has on flight coverage from home country to the host country as well as back to home country. This coverage will only apply if the flight days fall during the plan effective dates. If applicable, make sure to select the start date when the insured leaves the home country (U.S. CST) and select the end date the day they arrive home country on the trip back (CST). This plan does not provide coverage for travels to the USA.
Q5: Do I have to pay up front at the doctors office or will they bill the insurance company directly?
The billing process is at the discretion of the provider. They can either ask the insured person to pay up front, or can bill the insurance company directly. Usually for bigger bills like hospitalization, surgery etc., they tend to bill the insurance company directly. For smaller situations, like doctor consultation, they are more likely to ask the insured person to pay first. However, for any claims to be processed, the insured person has to follow the claim process and send in the claimant information form to the insurance company. This would be applicable even if the providers directly bill the insurance company.
Q6: How do I file a claim?
Please refer to the following article regarding the claim process:
Q7: What information do I need to purchase this plan?
Name(s), date(s) of birth, and passport number(s) of the visitor(s).
Q8: When I buy this plan, do I need to make the full payment at once or do I have the option of paying it on a monthly basis?
Based on the desired coverage length you have selected, you have to make the full payment all at once.
Q9: I am traveling with a friend or domestic partner. Can we both be on the same application?
Yes. One is listed on the form as Applicant and the other is Adult #2.
Q10: I want to purchase insurance for more then one visitor. Should I purchase two separate policies for them or have a combined policy?
The benefits and costs do not differ if you buy individually or combined policies. If the visitors have different travel plans (might be coming together but leaving on different dates, etc.) it is recommended to buy separate policies.
In addition, having separate policies gives you more flexibility for renewals and cancellations.
Q11: I am traveling and I am pregnant. Will your plan cover me?
Yes, the Safe Travels International plan covers for emergency medical treatment for pregnancy up to $1,000. Please check the plan description of coverage for details of the coverage.
Q12: Where can I find answers to other questions I have?
Like all other travel insurance policies, the Safe Travels International plan does not cover for pre-existing conditions, but it offers coverage of up to $1,000 for an unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition.
Q13: Where can I find answers to other questions I have?
Please refer to Visitors Insurance FAQs section.
Important renewal information about your Safe Travels International visitors insurance:
- Safe Travels International policy has the option for online extension of minimum 5 days to 2 years.
- Coverage may be renewed if it is initially purchased for a minimum of 3 months.
- It is recommended to renew your policy a day before the policy expiration date.
- Once the policy expired you no longer have the option for renewal. In such cases you may apply for a new policy.
- Premium may increase at renewal:
- Based on applicants age at the time of renewals.
- Rates are subject to change at underwriters discretion.
- Benefits may change based on the applicants age at the time of renewal.
Have the following information handy:
- Current I.D./Certificate number (Make sure you enter the certificate number as it is including the dash).
- Primary Insured's Birthdate.
(Date of birth should be entered as mm/dd/yyyy)
- Credit Card Information.
The Safe Travels International travel medical insurance policy is cancellable.
If cancelled before the effective date:
- You can get a full refund if the cancellation is done before the coverage becomes effective.
If cancelled after the effective date:
- A prorated refund is possible only if no claim has been filed. For instance, if you buy the policy for 3 months from January 1 to March 31 and file a request for cancellation on January 16, then the period of January 17 to March 31 would be considered for a refund.
- A $10 cancellation fee is applicable for any policy cancelled after the effective date.
- The refund amount, if any, will be refunded the same way it was paid. If you made the payment using a credit card, the refund will go back to the same credit card.
How to Cancel
You can cancel your visitors insurance policy with the following steps:
- Step 1. Sign in to the Customer Portal using the policy number and the primary insured's date of birth
- Step 2. Find the plan you want to cancel and click cancel. Fill out the required fields and complete cancellation
- Step 3. Allow 7-10 business days for processing and refund