International travel accident insurance provides coverage for accidental death or dismemberment or other life-changing incidents and injuries that may be excluded by other plans. Travel accident insurance benefits vary and are paid depending on the severity of the incident, to alleviate some of the financial stress that may result from serious illnesses, injuries, or death.
International accident insurance provides accident coverage for accidents resulting in, dismemberment, permanent disabilities, and certain life-changing incidents, depending on the plan specifics. Standard life and disability insurance plans and travel medical insurance plans may not cover accidents that result from certain incidents; travel accident insurance plans are designed to fill those coverage gaps and provide high limit coverage or coverage for specific risks that many disability policies do not cover.
Likewise, business travel accident insurance provides coverage in the event that life-changing incidents happen while you're on a business trip.
Coverage limits for high accident insurance for travelers may be as much as $100 million and, depending on the plan, may include benefits such as accidental death, loss of one or more limbs, emergency medical evacuation, coma and paralysis coverage, and felonious assault coverage. Travel Accident insurance provides coverage for individuals injured or killed in traffic accidents, fires, extreme sports, plane crashes, and many other incidents.
Without an adequate insurance policy, individuals injured or killed in a travel accident and their families may be left with potentially lifelong financial stress. Travel accident insurance covers such devastating incidents, providing financial security and support for individuals and their families.
Travel Accident insurance plans may offer optional benefits and may exclude specific countries and accidents that result from pre-existing conditions, so be sure to check the policy details for specific coverage descriptions.
High Limit Accident Insurance
- For US and non-US citizens (with US address) traveling inside and outside the US
- Flexible term lengths
- Coverage limits up to $100 million
- Covers 100% of accidental death
- Covers 100% of loss or loss of use of two limbs
- Covers 100% of loss of sight of both eyes
- Covers 50% of loss or loss of one limb
- Covers 50% of loss of hearing of both ears
- Covers 50% of loss of speech
- Covers 100% of sudden cardiac arrest
Global Accident Protection Plan (GAPP)
- US and Canadian citizens traveling inside or outside their home country
- Non-US and non-Canadian citizens traveling outside their home country
- Coverage up to 12 months
- Policy maximum up to $500,000
- AD&D benefit up to $100,000
- Emergency medical evacuation coverage up to $500,000
- Paralysis benefit up to $25,000
- Coma benefit up to $250 per month
- Seat belt & airbag benefit up to $25,000
- Felonious assault benefit up to $25,000
- Home alteration & vehicle modification benefit up to $2,500
- Enhanced AD&D Benefit (up to $1,000,000 of coverage)
- Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activity Rider
- War Risk Rider
- Coverage under this plan is not renewable. New policy term can be purchased subject to underwriters approval.
- Policy may be refunded with a written request to Global Underwriters received prior to the effective date of coverage. A $25 processing fee may be required.