As global tourism increases, so does the demand for trip cancellation insurance. Trip cancellation insurance covers nonrefundable financial penalties or losses incurred as a result of cancelling a trip for unforeseen reasons, including reimbursement for nonrefundable expenses such as flight tickets and tours. Trip cancellation insurance protects both business and leisure trips, organized or independent.
Trip insurance covers costs associated with airline bankruptcies, flight delays, airline cancellations, tour cancellations, lost luggage, and lost hotel reservations. Most trip cancellation insurance plans cover these trip related costs.
Limited medical and health coverage is available with trip cancellation plans. Most people will purchase two separate travel insurance policies: one travel medical insurance and one trip cancellation insurance. In addition, most trip cancellation policies are only available to US residents traveling inside and outside of the US. Few plans are available to non-US residents traveling outside of their home country that offer decent medical coverage
The below plans, both administered by Trawick International, offer trip cancellation coverage as well as medical coverage for both US and non-US residents traveling internationally.
Trip Cancellation Plan For Trips To USA
Coverage outside USA: Plan pays 100% up to policy maximum
- Coverage from 5 days to 180 days.
- Coverage for travelers up to the age of 79 travelling to USA and worldwide (Excluding the home country).
- Not Available to US resident.
- Injury/Illness Medical Maximum per policy :
Age: 14 days - 69 years: $50,000 to $1,000,000
Age 70 - 79 years: Limited to 100,000
- Provides Medical Coverage, Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption and Travel Delay Coverage.
- Provides coverage during International Travel including USA
- Athletic Sports Coverage
- Extreme Sports / Hazardous Activity Coverage
- Enhanced Baggage Coverage up to $3,500
- Upgrade AD&D Coverage up to $500,000
- 100% Trip Cancellation Benefit
- 150% of Trip Interruption Benefit
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Emergency Reunion Benefits
- Repatriation of Remains Expenses
- Hijacking and Air or Water piracy
- Missed Departure and Loss of Passport
- Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage available. (Conditions apply. See plan brochure for details.)
To learn more about travel insurance for US citizens visiting international destinations, visit Travel Insurance for US Citizens and Residents
To learn more about travel medical insurance for Non-Us Citizens visting international destinations, Visit Visitor Medical Insurance