Why you need trip cancellation coverage
Whether the basic trip cancellation coverage that comes with trip insurance, or the more expansive coverage that CFAR insurance offers, it’s wise to get some type of trip cancellation insurance, especially for the following reasons:
- Expensive Trips: If you’re going on an expensive trip, it’s always a wise decision to insure yourself in case you need to cancel the trip. This will help you protect yourself against the financial loss that you might face due to cancellation of the trip.
- Travel plans made in advance: If you’ve booked your travel tickets far in advance of your departure date, the chances of an unforeseen incident may be higher.
- Cruises: It can be hard to cancel a cruise and still recoup prepaid expenses. Trip cancellation coverage would give you peace of mind, knowing that you’re covered against unforeseen incidents.
- Traveling with kids: Kids can get sick unexpectedly. If you have to cancel your trip due to a child's illness, insurance can protect your investment.
Important Reminders about Trip Cancellation Insurance:
- Trip cancellation is only available with trip insurance, not travel medical insurance.
- Most of the plans are available for U.S. or Canadian residents
- The insurance policy covers you for 30 days, beyond which an additional per-day fee is charged
- Basic trip coverage generally includes trip cancellation, trip delay, trip interruption, baggage loss/delay, emergency medical coverage
- The pricing and cost of a trip insurance policy depends on the trip cost and age of the traveler
If you have any questions about trip cancellation or Cancel For Any Reason Insurance, visit our extensive knowledge center to learn more or reach out to out award-winning Customer Success Team for help.