As a professional marine crew member, the unique demands of your profession can prevent you from getting the inclusive international healthcare plan you need and deserve. Fortunately, there are comprehensive and flexible travel insurance plans designed specifically to satisfy the demands of the marine industry.
Marine crew insurance provides worldwide comprehensive and flexible coverage to the international professional marine crew members when they're traveling outside their respective home countries. Often, long-term marine insurance offers some domestic insurance coverage for the crew members.
Marine insurance can cover individual mariners or an entire crew, from the captain of vessel, crew members working at sea.
To be eligible for marine crew insurance, the individual or group must be an active employee aboard a sea-going vessel and expect to be outside the home country for a predetermined number of months per month.
Depending on the assignment of the individual crew member, marine crew insurance can be bought either for a short-term or a long-term period.
The duration of coverage for a short-term insurance plan may range from 5 days to 2 years. The long-term insurance plan can be initially bought for a 12 month period and you can continue to renew it as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
Usually, the marine insurance includes the following benefits:
- Health and Medical Expenses
- Political Evacuation
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation Benefits
- Return of Minor Child
- Trip Interruption
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit
- Remote Transportation
- Preventative Benefits
- Lost/Theft of Luggage/Personal Papers
- Lifetime transplant benefit
- Optional Coverage for pre-existing condition ; Maternity; Hazardous Sports; Terrorism and Global Daily Indemnity
- Medical Concierge Program
- Out-of-Country Legal Expense
Here are some of your best options for marine crew travel insurance:
- Global Crew Medical Insurance- IMG
- International Marine Medical Insurance- IMG(group plan)
- Reside blue -Seven Corners
- Crew Select International- IMG
If you need more information, please call us at 1-866-384-9104 or contact our Customer Success Team.