Seven CornersÃ¢ÂÂ Coronavirus Policies
Seven Corners is one of our core providers of travel and trip insurance products. If you have an existing plan from Seven Corners or are looking to purchase one, you may have questions about what is covered by this company when it comes to the COVID-19 coverage. We've compiled a list with some answers about what is and is not covered by Seven Corners when it comes to Covid-related expenses.
If You are Looking to Purchase a New Plan:
VisitorsCoverage currently provides the following Seven Corners plans which which cover Covid:
If you are looking to purchase trip cancellation coverage, you may receive the following benefits that could be beneficial during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Benefits may include coverage for trip interruption if an insured interrupts their trip for an applicable covered reason, including quarantine.
- Benefits may include coverage for travel delay if an insured is delayed the required amount of time (stated in the plan document) for an applicable covered reason, including any delay of a common airline carrier or quarantine.
- You may have an Airline Reissue Fee benefit, so that if your travel supplier cancels your trip, a benefit will be paid up to a maximum of $75 for the reissue fee charged by the airline for the tickets. You must have covered the entire cost of your trip including the airfare cost.
- You may have the Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) benefit, so that if travelers purchase CFAR within the required time frame, it could apply and allow the insured to cancel for fear of traveling, provided they meet the requirements for CFAR.
If You Have an Existing Plan Purchased Before the Pandemic:
If you are canceling or interrupting a trip, contact your airline, hotel, cruise line, or other travel providers before contacting Seven Corners. Many of them are offering refunds and the option to reschedule trips.
Travel insurance covers nonrefundable trip expenses. To process claims, we must confirm you have expenses that will not or have not been refunded by your travel provider. If you are canceling your trip for the following reasons, you may be covered by your trip insurance plan:
- Any missed connection of a common airline carrier (the delay must be certified by the common carrier)
If you are looking for coverage for medical expenses on your trip for the following reasons, you may be covered by your travel medical insurance plan:
- If you become ill with Covid and see a doctor and/or go to the hospital during a trip, your medical expenses can be covered.
- If you require an emergency medical evacuation and repatriation due to Covid, this can be covered.
- If you reside in New York, Colorado, Maryland, or South Dakota, benefits on your plan may include coverage for a missed connection related to Covid.
- To trigger this coverage, you must miss a cruise or tour departure due to a delay for the required time length (stated in the plan document) if the delay is caused by a covered reason.
- Covered reasons that could apply for Covid include:
- Any delay of a common airline carrier (the delay must be certified by the common carrier)
If you still have questions about Covid coverage, you can read more at Seven Cornersâ coronavirus FAQ page or contact our Customer Success Team for help with choosing purchasing a plan.