Pre-Existing Conditions for Visitors Insurance
You may have read extensively about pre-existing medical conditions, and looked through insurance quotes, but not yet found a visitors insurance plan which actually covers pre-existing conditions. It's true that the majority of senior-aged people traveling to the U.S. or abroad do have some kind of pre-existing condition, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, heart problems, dialysis or cancer, among others. Unfortunately, there's no visitors medical insurance plan which fully covers pre-existing conditions for visitors.
Our users and customers often ask us: are pre-existing conditions covered by travel insurance? And if not, is it even worth buying travel insurance? This question may seem obvious from a buyer's perspective, but there are several other points to keep in mind. Not all health issues are classified as pre-existing conditions. The probability of any health hazard arising due to pre-existing condition in most cases is 5-10%. What about the other 90%? You surely need a travel medical insurance plan to protect yourself from incurring health expenses while you're abroad.
In essence, there are two major health risks for visitors coming to the U.S.
- The most common health concern is general sickness/illness due to a change of weather, food habits, etc.
- Another concern involves accidents, which may take place anywhere, anytime, since the traveler will most likely be making road trips within the U.S.
Travel Insurance for Visitors with Pre-existing Conditions
The most common pre-existing conditions we hear about are high blood pressure and diabetes. Though people with these conditions can be in good and stable condition, they may be dependent on medicines, insulin or regular checkups.
USVisit-Pro Medical Insurance Plan
For those traveling who suffer from prior injuries or illness, we have introduced USVisit-Pro, a new medical insurance plan that offers coverage for pre-existing conditions. If you suffer from health conditions that worsen while traveling, you can now rest assured that should you need medical care while traveling, there are options available. This is exciting news for all travelers!
CoverAmerica-Gold Travel Medical Insurance Plan
CoverAmerica-Gold travel medical insurance plan. The CoverAmerica-Gold travel medical insurance plan offers acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage as an optional rider to the policy. The only plan of its kind in the marketplace, CoverAmerica-Gold insurance is a comprehensive coverage plan and is especially recommended for senior travelers and relatives visiting the U.S. For more information on this one-of-a-kind plan, visit CoverAmerica-Gold Insurance.
Additional Travel Insurance Tips
While it's true that pre-existing conditions may not always be covered, there are certain ways you can take precautions to avoid illness and prepare yourself for such a situation.
Additionally, here are few common and proven tips for visitors with pre-existing conditions:
- First, buy a good visitors medical insurance plan. Choose comprehensive PPO coverage such as Liaison Travel Elite.
- Get a thorough and complete medical checkup done before you travel to the U.S. This will be useful for your trip and also help diagnose any hidden medical issues. This also gives you peace of mind to travel worry-free and prepared.
- Carry sufficient amounts of medicines from your home country.
- People with high blood pressure and/or Diabetes should consider buying self measuring equipment. These do not cost a lot, but will be very useful for home use. The price range for these vary between $15 to $100. Individuals inviting their parents to the U.S. can buy these from any local electronics shops or the internet. You can even get your medicines from your home country delivered via regular mail, with the exception of controlled drugs.
- Pay attention to your eating habits, exercise regularly, make friends and measure your blood pressure and sugar on a regular basis.
- Hosts should not make hectic travel plans for their guests, but rather ensure that they ask them from time to time if they have any problems. Parents being hosted should not be offended to take instructions from their children, since it is for their well-being and safety.
- Read more about claims concerning pre-existing conditions.
- Read - services not covered by an insurance policy.
If you follow the aforementioned tips, you'll have better control on your health problems and a pleasant travel and stay in the United States.
Best Plans for Visitors with Pre-existing Conditions
Comprehensive Coverage Plan A- (Excellent)
SiriusPoint Speciality Insurance Corporation
Travel Medical Insurance plan with limited Pre-Existing condition coverage for visitors to the USA.
Plan features listed here are high level, provided for your convenience and information purpose only. Please review the Evidence of Coverage and Plan Contract (Policy) for a detailed description of Coverage Benefits, Limitations and Exclusions. Must read the Policy Brochure and Plan Details for complete and accurate details. Only the Terms and Conditions of Coverage Benefits listed in the policy are binding.