You may have read enough about Travel Insurance: Pre-Existing Medical Conditions, and yet may not have found a visitor insurance plan, which actually covers pre-existing conditions. It is true that majority of the aged people traveling to USA or abroad do have some form of pre-existing conditions(common example: Blood pressure, Diabetes, Arthritis, Heart problems, dialysis, tumor, etc) but unfortunately there is no visitor medical insurance plan which fully covers pre-existing conditions for visitors.
Visitor Insurance for Pre-Existing Conditions Explained
Most Visitor and travel insurance policies do not cover pre-existing conditions. Here is a video that explains why pre-existing conditions are not covered, and what visitors can do about it.
Our users/customer often question if it is worth buying a visitor health insurance, if pre-existing conditions are not covered. This question is quite obvious from a buyers perspective, but think broadly and be practical. Not all health issues are due to pre-existing conditions. The probability of any health hazard due to pre-existing condition in most cases is 5 to 10%, but what about the rest 90%. You surely need a health insurance to protect yourself from escalating health expenses.
Lets us share our experience what we have been hearing from customers, there are two major health risk for visitors coming to USA
- The most common health concern is general sickness/illness due to change of weather, food habits etc.
- Another concern involves accidents, which may take place anywhere anytime, since the traveler will be making road trips within USA.
Having Visitor Insurance can surely give you the peace of mind to relax and enjoy your vacation or business trip.
Is There Any Solution for Visitors with Pre-Existing Conditions?
The most common pre-existing conditions we hear are blood pressure and diabetes. Though people with these conditions can be in good and stable condition, they may dependent on medicines, insulin or regular checkups.
Although many insurance policies exclude pre-existing conditions from available coverage, ChoiceAmerica, a new travel medical insurance plan, actually offers limited pre-existing condition coverage as an optional rider to the policy, rather than just coverage for an acute onset. While ChoiceAmerica Insurance is a limited coverage plan, it is top in its class of fixed benefit policies. For more information on this one-of-a-kind plan, visit ChoiceAmerica Insurance.
While it is true that, pre-existing conditions may not always be covered, there are certain ways you can prevent/control and take precautions to avoid and prepare yourself for such a situation.
Additionally, here are few common and proven tips for visitors with pre-existing conditions:
- First, buy a good Visitor Medical Insurance Plan. Prefer a comprehensive PPO kind of coverage like Liaison International.
- Get a thorough and complete medical checkup done before you travel to USA. This will be useful for your trip and also help diagnose any hidden medical issue. This also gives you peace of mind to travel worry free and prepared.
- Carry sufficient amounts of medicines from your home country.
- People with High-blood pressure and/or Diabetes consider buying self measuring equipments .These do not cost a lot but, will be very useful for home use. The price range for these vary between $15 to $100. Individuals inviting their parents to USA can buy these from any local electronics shops or the Internet. Did you know that you can even get your medicines from your home country via regular mail? (Except any controlled drugs) .
- Pay attention to your eating habits, walk/exercise regularly, make friends, measure your blood pressure and sugar on a regular basis.
- For children who are hosts, they should not make hectic travel plans for their guests; rather, ensure that they ask them from time to time if they have any problems. Parents should not be offended to take instructions from their children, since it is for their well-being and safety.
- Read more about claims concerning pre-existing conditions.
- Read - service not covered by insurance policy
If you follow the aforementioned tips, you will have a better control on your health problems and a pleasant travel and stay in USA
AA Atlas America Insurance
Covers for Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions
If you are under age 70, you are covered for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition. Coverage is available up to $1,000,000 Maximum for eligible medical expenses and up to $25,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation. An acute onset of pre-existing condition is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
Click here for more details about Acute Onset Pre-Existing Condition Plans