Letâs get this out of the way: the best time to visit Disney World depends on who you are and why youâre going. What might be the best time for you to visit Disney World, wonât necessarily be the best time for someone else. That said, there are reasons why each season is the best time to visit Disney World.
Why Every Season is the Best Season to Visit Disney World
4 reasons to visit Disney World in the winter
- Holiday Celebrations. From Mickeyâs Very Merry Christmas Party, to the international holiday celebration at Epcot, Walt Disney is just a bit more magical during the winter holiday season.Â
- Greater chance of deals. If you plan to go in late January or February, thereâs a good chance youâll find better deals.Â
- Cooler temperatures. During the summer months, temperatures in Orlando can average out to 90 degrees. If you go in the winter months youâre looking at an average high of around 70 degrees.Â
- Thinner crowds. Excluding the winter holiday season, going to Disney World in the winter means shorter lines, and fewer crowds.
4 reasons to visit Disney World in the spring
- Epcotâs International Flower and Garden Festival. From early March until late May Disney World guests are treated to the greatest garden party on Earth, featuring topiaries of all your favorite Disney characters.
- Restorations. During the off-peak season (late winter) a lot of rides and events are taken out of rotation for maintenance and finetuning. This means that youâll be treated to a new and improved experience once these attractions are brought back in the spring.
- Star Wars Weekends. Starting in mid-May and running through mid-June, guests at Disney Hollywood Studios will experience the magic of Disney and the magic of Star Wars. From themed parades and character meet-and-greets, the force will be strong with you.
- Seasonal dining experiences. Thereâs food of every flavor at Disney World, but certain restaurants and stands are closed during the winter. In the spring, however, you can get access to a wider selection of snacks and meals.
4 reasons to visit Disney World in the summer
- Water parks. When temps creep up into the 90s and youâve got a couple of restless little kids with you, Disneyâs water parks can help you keep your cool.
- Schoolâs out. At Disney, summertime is family time. Kids donât need to take time off school, and itâs often easier for parents to take time off work in the summer months. Everyone in the family will be free to focus on what really matters: experiencing the magic of Disney together.
- Everything is open. Because summer is peak time, Disney really pulls out all the stops for its guests. This means that everything that can be open is open. Theyâll wait until the low season to make refurbishments.
- Longer hours. During the summer, Disney World tends to have longer hours. This means more time for magic!
4 reasons to visit Disney World in the fall
- Perfect temperatures. Fresh off the heels of the summer heat but before the cooler temps of the winter, is fall. Fall temperatures are generally between 60 and 70 degrees.
- Fewer people. Summer travel is over and the kids are back at school. This means that the lines at Disney will get smaller and there will be fewer people vying for Disney World resort deals.
- Mickeyâs Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. From mid-August through October 31, Disney World hosts spooktacular parties fit for the whole family.
- Epcotâs Food & Wine Festival. Running from mid July through mid-November, this festival lets guests explore food and drink across six different cultures.
Finding the Best Deals for Disney World
If youâre looking to save money and still experience Disney World, youâll want to find the best deals. For starters, Travel+Leisure recommends booking your trip for late January or February to get the cheapest rates. From there, your next best bet is to look for discounts through stores like Costco and companies like AAA. These places will often have Disney World deals.Â For more information you can always go straight to Disney.Â Â Â Â Â Â
Where to Stay at Disney World
When youâre thinking about where to stay at Disney World, the obvious answer is Walt Disney World Resorts & Hotels. Throughout the Park and around Orlando there are a lot of great places to stay. It really comes down to a matter of budget, the part of the Park you plan to spend the most time in, and the type of accommodations youâre looking for. Check out this list of hotels and resorts to see which one might work best for you.Â
Does Trip Insurance Insure Disney World Park Tickets?
Yes. When you buy trip insurance, youâll need to include a trip cost estimate. As long as park tickets are included in this total, theyâll be insured if you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason.
Insurance for Disney World During Hurricane Season
Unfortunately, the happiest place on Earth is in a state vulnerable to hurricanes. If youâre planning to visit Disney World between June 1st until November 30th, youâll want to keep in mind that this is hurricane season. For American residents, trip insurance offers financial protections if your trip is canceled due to a hurricane. If an American resident is injured while at Disney World, domestic healthcare should cover costs related to medical care.Â For non-U.S. residents visiting the magic kingdom, travel medical insurance can help cover medical care in the event that they are injured as a result of a hurricane.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Insure Your Disney World Trip at VisitorsCoverage
Thereâs no doubt that a trip to Disney World can be a magical experience. But even on a vacation to the happiest place on Earth, your trip might not always go as planned. American residents traveling to Disney World or anywhere else, have trip insurance in their corner. For as little as $100, trip insurance can protect your trip investment if your trip gets canceled or your itinerary is disrupted by a flight cancellation or a missed connection. It can also help get your trip back on track if your bags are lost, delayed or damaged. If youâve got more questions about trip insurance or you need help deciding which plan is right for you, the Customer Success Team of licensed trip insurance experts at VisitorsCoverage are ready to help.