While many travelers are now vaccinated against COVID-19, concerns over new variants of the virus may hamper winter travel this year. As you look to the holiday season in particular safety should be an important consideration. Planning your travels far in advance is advised.
If you want to get out of the house, you’re certainly not alone. After global stay-at-home-orders and border closings many of us are looking for a way to get away without unnecessary risks to the health of themselves and their loved ones. Renting a vacation home this winter might be your safest bet.
Safer and more private than a hotel, winter vacation home rentals are gaining popularity as a solution for travelers during the pandemic.
Why Vacation Rentals?
Renting a home during your travels is a smart alternative to traditional hotels and motels this winter season. By renting a house, you can limit time in communal spaces like lobbies or dining rooms and thus limit your exposure to potential infection.
Vacation home rentals can allow you more space to be with the ones you love away from the stresses of home while still limiting the risk of virus transmission. Our trip insurance plans can cover the prepaid costs of vacation home rentals in case your plans are changed at the last minute.
This winter season, vacation rental homes are perfect for:
- Snow Trips: Skiing and snowboarding trips can be enjoyed safely with propper social distancing measures as directed by the local authorities. Vacation rentals near ski resorts can be a good compromise between staying safe and still enjoying winter sports.
- Beach Getaways: Staying by the coast or slipping away to warmer shores in the pacific islands or the Caribbean is a good way to beat the winter blues. Vacation rentals by the shore can be the perfect getaway for family members of all ages.
- Mountain Escapes: Plenty of vacation rentals exist off the beaten track. Remote retreats can be ideal if your idea of a perfect holiday season is getting away from the members of your household, or if you want everyone together far away from the rest of the COVID-riddled world.
Helpful Travel Tips to Keep Your Loved Ones Safer at a Vacation Rental
- Pack face masks and disinfectant wipes at the top of your suitcase or in an easy-to-access side pocket, so you can grab it easily.
- As soon as you arrive, wipe down high-touch surfaces with disinfectant including door handles, countertops and bathroom surfaces.
- Keep contact with those outside your household to a minimum, especially while traveling.
- Maintain good hand-washing habits including washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
And the Best Travel Safety Tip of All? Buy Trip Insurance
The deposits you make on your vacation home rentals are often covered by trip insurance. These trip insurance plans can cover non-refundable prepaid costs associated with vacation rentals and will cover trip cancellations, postponements or interruptions due to COVID-19 advisories. With standard trip insurance, if you want to cancel or change your trip, you’ll be reimbursed for prepaid expenses only if your cancellation reason is listed in the policy document.
Trip cancellation reasons covered by basic trip insurance could include natural disasters or airline issues. Usually, the cancellations have to be for a reason beyond your control. However, if you add Cancel For Any Reason insurance to your trip insurance, you will be able to recoup prepaid losses for literally any reason.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
(Vote count:, Average rating: out of 5 rated) 391 Views
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!